ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sickness
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
As far as I am aware you have to complete one year to receive full pay when on the sick in the first year you get statutory sick pay
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Sickness
Your start date with royal mail is the start date showing on your first contract no matter how many other contracts you are given. Hope that helps
-
gluteus maximus
- Posts: 241
- Joined: 12 Oct 2013, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
As long as there is no more than a 10 day period in break of service between first and secomd contract, your start date will be from your first temorary contract, not the following permanent
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sickness
Actually the rules on seniority will apply as its continuous service and not casual so it counts.bustedflush wrote:Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Actually the rules on seniority will apply as its continuous service and not casual so it counts.bustedflush wrote:Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
I know - I was alluding to the fact after one year you will have a hell of a long way to go before any seniority counts.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sickness
I have done 10 years and I am still at the very bottom of the pile. A few PTs are actually ahead of me.bustedflush wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Actually the rules on seniority will apply as its continuous service and not casual so it counts.bustedflush wrote:Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
I know - I was alluding to the fact after one year you will have a hell of a long way to go before any seniority counts.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
seniority counts whether ft or ptTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I have done 10 years and I am still at the very bottom of the pile. A few PTs are actually ahead of me.bustedflush wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Actually the rules on seniority will apply as its continuous service and not casual so it counts.bustedflush wrote:Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
I know - I was alluding to the fact after one year you will have a hell of a long way to go before any seniority counts.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness
A case in point then.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I have done 10 years and I am still at the very bottom of the pile. A few PTs are actually ahead of me.bustedflush wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Actually the rules on seniority will apply as its continuous service and not casual so it counts.bustedflush wrote:Yes, whether 12 x 1-month continuous contracts or 4 x3 etc. as long as you hit 12 months continuous you will get your final pay increase of 51p an hour and be entitled to full RM employee rights and sick pay. Except seniority of course.
I know - I was alluding to the fact after one year you will have a hell of a long way to go before any seniority counts.