ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can I claim back holiday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
darrennmel
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 08:36
Gender: Male

Can I claim back holiday

Post by darrennmel »

Hi I fell and cracked some ribs on my round the day before I was due to go off on holiday some of my colleagues have said I can get the weeks holiday back is this right. thanks
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Re: Can I claim back holiday

Post by Harv12 »

Yes you can claim it back, speak to your dom or line manager, if they being funny about it speak to your union rep and ask them to have a word,

Iv just got back 2 weeks from last year when i was off sick due to car accident,
darrennmel
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 08:36
Gender: Male

Re: Can I claim back holiday

Post by darrennmel »

Thanks for replying Harv12 I will speak to my dom tomorrow
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Can I claim back holiday

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

darrennmel wrote:Thanks for replying Harv12 I will speak to my dom tomorrow

But be careful, you WILL need a doctors certificate as proof, because unless you phoned them and advised you were off sick instead of annual leave you will have exceed the 7 days you can self certify:
Employees must give their employer a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (previously called a ‘sick note’) if they’re off sick for more than 7 days in a row (including non-working days).
https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun = 8 days (it will be more if you were off Saturday or are going back on Tuesday).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.