Can anybody please advise me, I am currently being referred to O/H with a re-occuring back problem (with my consent),
My question is: The appointment with O/H has been made on my day off 50 miles from where I live, can I claim travel expences??
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Occupational Health
-
yorkmover123
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Occupational Health
Are you fit enough to travel 50 miles to see Occupational Health with your back problems, ask for a home visit, phone appointment or a visit to your office .
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Occupational Health
If it's for the functional restoration programe or anything else that has been organised for you to attend through rm then yes you claim expenses also if the appointment takes you over your hours for the day you can claim overtime as well
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
I would get back to OH Assist who surely must have registered physiotherapists on their books who are not 50 miles away from your location.parcelpete wrote:Can anybody please advise me, I am currently being referred to O/H with a re-occuring back problem (with my consent),
My question is: The appointment with O/H has been made on my day off 50 miles from where I live, can I claim travel expences??
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
Hi
Can you be a bit more specific, it sounds like you've got an appointment at Rehabworks not oh assist, presumably you've got some paperwork telling you where to go etc. In any case yes you're entitled to travelling allowance I think its 45p per mile.
Can you be a bit more specific, it sounds like you've got an appointment at Rehabworks not oh assist, presumably you've got some paperwork telling you where to go etc. In any case yes you're entitled to travelling allowance I think its 45p per mile.
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
I have just recently had a 50 mile trip (Each way) to a hospital through OH assist and can confirm that you can claim your expenses back. It is 45p per mile and also you can claim toll charges to, if you need to, as i had to. Hope that helps!.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
They done the same to me to see a specialist in Manchester yet we have the same sort of specialists in Preston, I think they do this so you won't go. Never knew one could claim expensis?
-
postielatic
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 01 May 2012, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
Rehab works in Manchester is the best place to go! The helped me so much. I can't praise them enough!
-
parcelpete
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 30 Oct 2014, 06:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
Thanks so much guys, thats really helpful 
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Occupational Health
I mentioned this today at work to my Lino because the Dom is not in today or next week but apparently he said its on the managers discretion to weather or not you get travelling expensis.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Occupational Health
If its an "Allowance" then there is no discretion about it, if you meet the qualifying criteria you get it. It will require managers authorisation, which is different.
If it was a discretionary payment then that is what it would be called.
If he refuses it then have a word with the ADR and double check the criteria etc, then explain the situation and let them deal with as appropriate.
If it was a discretionary payment then that is what it would be called.
If he refuses it then have a word with the ADR and double check the criteria etc, then explain the situation and let them deal with as appropriate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.