ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
More prep time than others
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
More prep time than others
Am I right when I ask for slightly more time on my frame to prep d2d's etc than the person next to me who has done all their d2d's by today? I always do a sixth a day no matter what (except bank holiday weeks etc) but person next to me throws them all in Saturday if they are at work for following week or throws them all in Tuesday/Wednesday if they are on long weekend. So tomorrow I have 5 lots to throw in for about 110 calls where they'll have none but we have same time on sorting.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
Admittedly like most in our office I find time on a Sat if early finish or Monday to get them all thrown in. However, I respect the choice of a colleague I'm paired with to do them as he/she pleases if they are one of the few who don't do them all at once. I take it your partner here is moaning or pressurizing you into getting rid of them all early so none left at the end of the week? If so he doesn't have a valid beef with you as you are doing it by the book.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
No you can't ask for more time just because some else is doing theirs wrong.celerycelery wrote:Am I right when I ask for slightly more time on my frame to prep d2d's etc than the person next to me who has done all their d2d's by today? I always do a sixth a day no matter what (except bank holiday weeks etc) but person next to me throws them all in Saturday if they are at work for following week or throws them all in Tuesday/Wednesday if they are on long weekend. So tomorrow I have 5 lots to throw in for about 110 calls where they'll have none but we have same time on sorting.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
Do you fail to complete your delivery during your work hours because of this ? If not, then you shouldnt get any more time.celerycelery wrote:Am I right when I ask for slightly more time on my frame to prep d2d's etc than the person next to me who has done all their d2d's by today? I always do a sixth a day no matter what (except bank holiday weeks etc) but person next to me throws them all in Saturday if they are at work for following week or throws them all in Tuesday/Wednesday if they are on long weekend. So tomorrow I have 5 lots to throw in for about 110 calls where they'll have none but we have same time on sorting.
-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: More prep time than others
You don't get any more time due to you already receiving the time in IWT, however your Dom could ask the other person to do extra indoor work due to them having the spare time on days they don't have the door to doors to throw in.
My advice would be to put in a sixth a day otherwise like coming early, not taking breaks, and putting door to door items in your own time or in one day gives your Dom an excuse to absorb more work.
My advice would be to put in a sixth a day otherwise like coming early, not taking breaks, and putting door to door items in your own time or in one day gives your Dom an excuse to absorb more work.
They are coming to take us away
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
Next time your DOM asks you to do something extra, find a way of saying, 'I've not got the time to do it, but that's not to say someone else doesn't'

-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: More prep time than others
The problem we have, those that do the job right, don't leave the office early and don't always finish on time, however people that cut corners normally do, so are left alone even when breaking health and safety guidelines. 
They are coming to take us away
-
cuddyhung
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 15 Apr 2014, 17:07
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
our office decided the town d2d were to be done mon to friday so no one had any on the saturday , everyone agreed ,, the rural deliveries suit themselves ,, but they usually have them cleared by the saturday as well
-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: More prep time than others
Then when management want you to lapse more on a Saturday, and they will, don't be surprised.cuddyhung wrote:our office decided the town d2d were to be done mon to friday so no one had any on the saturday , everyone agreed ,, the rural deliveries suit themselves ,, but they usually have them cleared by the saturday as well
They are coming to take us away
-
kilrenny
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 19:23
- Gender: Male
Re: More prep time than others
although it says 1/6 the agreement also says the opg can deal with the d2d how they see fit as long as they are done. I know it sounds a bit daft but that is what it says. so getting d2d done quicker is not an issue