ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

banking of hrs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

banking of hrs

Post by terry2972 »

Today got sent home Dom said we owed 5hrs and if we go over tomorrow we can't claim but if we get sent home again we owe more hrs. Can he do this?he also said if we can't go out tomorrow we can go in New years day to clear mail and pay back some of the hrs back lol
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: banking of hrs

Post by ratchet »

terry2972 wrote: Can he do this?
In a word, NO
I am no longer a number :-)
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: banking of hrs

Post by korky »

this happened last time we had bad weather
dom said we all have to work over to clear backlog with no o/t paid, agreed by union!
my oppo and i said no, bit of a discussion and told we must use a rest day then and never heard anything else,
majority of rest worked some of it back!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: banking of hrs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ratchet wrote:
terry2972 wrote: Can he do this?
In a word, NO
In a word - depends - on the context

If they sent you home then you owe no hours and they can't bank any, or make you work on 1 Jan.
If they gave you an option to stay indoors and work or go home and owe them hours - and you then elect to go home - then yes they can as long they explained the consequences.

Terry - can you confirm this was Halifax as if so I will alert the Area Rep.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: banking of hrs

Post by terry2972 »

Yes it was Halifax I will be staying in the office to make my hrs up tomorrow
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: banking of hrs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

terry2972 wrote:Yes it was Halifax I will be staying in the office to make my hrs up tomorrow

Did they give you an option today.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: banking of hrs

Post by terry2972 »

No I was on overtime today so if we get snowed off tomorrow can I stay til my finish time?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: banking of hrs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

terry2972 wrote:No I was on overtime today so if we get snowed off tomorrow can I stay til my finish time?
Yes or until they give up and send you home.

Thats the difference if they say you can go but owe hours then its voluntary or stay and owe none. But if they send you home, with no other option they CANNOT bank hours. Its the voluntarily leaving early which catches most out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: banking of hrs

Post by terry2972 »

Many thanks
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: banking of hrs

Post by aposter »

Regardless I doubt they could force you to work BH to make hours back
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: banking of hrs

Post by terry2972 »

I know I just laughed when he came out with that suggestion lol