ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Suspended this morning. Help!
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Suspended this morning. Help!
Just been suspended today for saying I was going sick next week I’m absolutely gutted think I might be getting sacked.
Worked with RM 20 yrs never done anything wrong before.
Got a letter in about a hour after been suspended in my door saying intimidating and aggressive behaviour is that dismissal?
I’m so down at the minute its unbelievable.
Has anybody else been through this sort of thing?
Worked with RM 20 yrs never done anything wrong before.
Got a letter in about a hour after been suspended in my door saying intimidating and aggressive behaviour is that dismissal?
I’m so down at the minute its unbelievable.
Has anybody else been through this sort of thing?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Get your union rep involved. Don't think they can sack you for this as you haven't called in sick.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
I put this on the union page by mistake. Sorry!
Reason why I said it is this - I have had a operation recently on my ankle after a break (pins and plates) and Atos said I was supposed to take it easy around the office on duties that do not aggravate the recovery but my manager has took no notice of the atos report I am still struggling on delivery even after doing light duties and graded hours.
I also got a drs note to wear my own light training shoes but again my manager said I cannot wear my shoes and he has over ruled the drs note.
The pins and plate is playing up in this cold weather paining me like anything just had enough and told him I'm going sick twice then suspended me.
I didn't think it was aggressive but he said I made a threat?
Reason why I said it is this - I have had a operation recently on my ankle after a break (pins and plates) and Atos said I was supposed to take it easy around the office on duties that do not aggravate the recovery but my manager has took no notice of the atos report I am still struggling on delivery even after doing light duties and graded hours.
I also got a drs note to wear my own light training shoes but again my manager said I cannot wear my shoes and he has over ruled the drs note.
The pins and plate is playing up in this cold weather paining me like anything just had enough and told him I'm going sick twice then suspended me.
I didn't think it was aggressive but he said I made a threat?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Anybody witness to this threat apart from the numpty and you?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
raged1999
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 17:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
If i were your rep, I would be attacking that from the point of view that the DOM has not followed the procedures and agreements in the ATOS report. They are put in place for a reason. It has left you stressed and angry. We have really good area reps in the Midlands, so try not to worry too much.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Sorry Natasha it was me I moved it into the Union room to try and get a reps point of view. I'll leave this thread in here but be careful as the advice may get conflicting.Natasha, Midlands wrote:I put this on the union page by mistake. Sorry!
I think with a good rep you'll be back at work soon so try not to worry too much.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
no two managers and me it was over in a shot.General Mannerheim wrote:Anybody witness to this threat apart from the numpty and you?
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
I basically only spoke the word to them so when are they going to break this down and tell me what it exactly is i have been charged with because its certainly was not aggressive or intimidating unless because I went to him twice that's intimidating?
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
sounds like a tosser to me. excuse my language.Natasha, Midlands wrote:I basically only spoke the word to them so when are they going to break this down and tell me what it exactly is i have been charged with because its certainly was not aggressive or intimidating unless because I went to him twice that's intimidating?
Toon Army!
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Firstly you have suffered an operation and you are recovering. Also you are under Atos. Your manager has disregarded your doctors advice for footwear. You only suggested that you may go sick because of the pain you were suffering but you did not walk out and go sick.
Your going to have to play them at there own game I am afraid. First get your local and area rep involved.
When you had the alleged interview about your ability to perform a delivery in your post operative condition you did not have a CWU rep in attendance.
It sounds like to me that you were the one who was bullied and harassed by two managers who have not followed the three C’s of the conduct procedure. Unless you totally lost it and swore your head off where was the counselling FFS.
I would counter this by placing a harassment charge against both managers for bullying tactics. I would also phone the bullying harassment hotline and report it. Fight fire with fire.
Finally what are your colleges doing about this. it’s a terrible way to treat a member of staff. Will they support you ? A few Christmas cut offs wont hurt.
Your going to have to play them at there own game I am afraid. First get your local and area rep involved.
When you had the alleged interview about your ability to perform a delivery in your post operative condition you did not have a CWU rep in attendance.
It sounds like to me that you were the one who was bullied and harassed by two managers who have not followed the three C’s of the conduct procedure. Unless you totally lost it and swore your head off where was the counselling FFS.
I would counter this by placing a harassment charge against both managers for bullying tactics. I would also phone the bullying harassment hotline and report it. Fight fire with fire.
Finally what are your colleges doing about this. it’s a terrible way to treat a member of staff. Will they support you ? A few Christmas cut offs wont hurt.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Some of you managers are just a bunch of c***s!!
I am writing in response to your email on the 15/02/2011. We have considered your request under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. In your email you requested the following:
“….could you please provide the number of frontline managers in delivery and processing within Royal Mail Letters who have had medical training to a level that they can ascertain the health of an employee and give advice as to what work the employee can safely do within the business group as apposed to a doctors certificate.”
I can confirm that we do not hold information of the description specified in your request. Employee health services are managed by an external provider on behalf of Royal Mail.
I'm sorry that we can not be more helpful but the information you have requested is not held.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspended this morning. Help!
Exactly Postman
How many times have you said something along the lines of, "Twisted me ankle the other day, so I might have to bring some mail back if you've got no one to help"! Only to have the DOM say, "You'll be alright once you get out there"! Bunch of Dickheads. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)