ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Recruiting new Managers?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Recruiting new Managers?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Just received a letter from Roy Waugh, Delivery Director- South Coast, asking if I'd like to progress my career with Royal Mail. I presume everyone in the Region's getting one (if not I feel honoured)! :Very Happy

Is this a campaign to recruit fresh young blood to the ranks of Management, prior to a New Years Cull of the existing bunch of incompetent workshy idiots? I might be tempted if I thought there was any chance of getting some back up from above, or a manager actually getting some authority to run his DO effectively (instead of just on a slash & burn basis). :no no

Could you imagine the pleasure of standing in the door and sending those early runners back out the door with some more mail, when they return earlier than they should do? Or breaking the monopoly of the Office Mafia who always seem to have the easiest/shortest duties! Imagine a DO where everyone actually had an equal, and fair, ammount of work! :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Recruiting new Managers?

Post by Surreypostie »

Trouble is you wouldn't be the DOM and if your DOM wants a quiet life you wouldn't be able to do as you suggest above. I agree with your suggestions but it ain't gonna happen.
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Recruiting new Managers?

Post by villan »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Just received a letter from Roy Waugh, Delivery Director- South Coast, asking if I'd like to progress my career with Royal Mail. I presume everyone in the Region's getting one (if not I feel honoured)! :Very Happy

Is this a campaign to recruit fresh young blood to the ranks of Management, prior to a New Years Cull of the existing bunch of incompetent workshy idiots? I might be tempted if I thought there was any chance of getting some back up from above, or a manager actually getting some authority to run his DO effectively (instead of just on a slash & burn basis). :no no

Could you imagine the pleasure of standing in the door and sending those early runners back out the door with some more mail, when they return earlier than they should do? Or breaking the monopoly of the Office Mafia who always seem to have the easiest/shortest duties! Imagine a DO where everyone actually had an equal, and fair, ammount of work! :shock:
So it's not just where I work that has an Office Mafia.

We have:

the DOM;
the colonel (who does what he likes, when he likes, for however long he likes and gets paid a king's ransom in overtime)
the lieutenants (who can do no wrong and get to criticize others despite being guilty of the same crimes, and if you point out their hypocrisy you get an earful from the colonel);
the hitman (who'll do anything for money);
the old soldier (who has the easiest round in the office and so gets back before guys 40 years younger than him);

and, of course, the cannon fodder.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: Recruiting new Managers?

Post by Tuffers1875 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Just received a letter from Roy Waugh, Delivery Director- South Coast, asking if I'd like to progress my career with Royal Mail. I presume everyone in the Region's getting one (if not I feel honoured)! :Very Happy

Is this a campaign to recruit fresh young blood to the ranks of Management, prior to a New Years Cull of the existing bunch of incompetent workshy idiots? I might be tempted if I thought there was any chance of getting some back up from above, or a manager actually getting some authority to run his DO effectively (instead of just on a slash & burn basis). :no no

Could you imagine the pleasure of standing in the door and sending those early runners back out the door with some more mail, when they return earlier than they should do? Or breaking the monopoly of the Office Mafia who always seem to have the easiest/shortest duties! Imagine a DO where everyone actually had an equal, and fair, ammount of work! :shock:
Send the form back with the office narks details on it :thumbup
mpl1111
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Aug 2012, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Recruiting new Managers?

Post by mpl1111 »

Now recruiting from your local zoo! As get more sense/work from chimps!! They'll be more use