If your day off falls on one of the above days is it in any agreement that you can have a days pay instead of a day in lieu?
Sure I read this was the case last year.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... eu#p668145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3.4 Rest days will apply in line with normal year round arrangements. Attendances may be varied by local agreement to take account of workload forecasts and service requirements. Where workload requires people can volunteer to work their normal rest day in return for a day in lieu or scheduled attendance Where a rest day falls on a Bank Holiday (i.e. 25, 26 December or 1 January, plus 2 January in Scotland) and it is not operationally sensible to transfer the rest day to another day in the same week people will receive an additional day holiday (including those working ‘a week off in six’ or other variations on this theme) in the form of a day in lieu or alternatively the excess hours can be taken as normal overtime
3.4 Rest days will apply in line with normal year round arrangements. Attendances may be varied by local agreement to take account of workload forecasts and service requirements. Where workload requires people can volunteer to work their normal rest day in return for a day in lieu or scheduled attendance Where a rest day falls on a Bank Holiday (i.e. 25, 26 December or 1 January, plus 2 January in Scotland) and it is not operationally sensible to transfer the rest day to another day in the same week people will receive an additional day holiday (including those working ‘a week off in six’ or other variations on this theme) in the form of a day in lieu or alternatively the excess hours can be taken as normal overtime
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
Where can I find a full list of bank holidays for Scotland ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/bank-holidays/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;jimmynailsalive wrote:Where can I find a full list of bank holidays for Scotland ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
Your council website would be the best place to look as they often have "localised" bank holidays.jimmynailsalive wrote:Where can I find a full list of bank holidays for Scotland ?
ie
https://glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20004/ ... holidays/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am no longer a number :-)
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Xmas,Boxing,New Years days pay?
Or better still try Royal Mail's own Service update/public holidays site http://www.royalmail.com/service-update ... tland_2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;