ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
dom support
-
gazman1586
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 15:35
- Gender: Male
dom support
Can a manager suddenly change the job discription of a Dom Support role and start treating them as a spare postman. I applied for an admin job so I would be indoors yet I have been put out to deliver mail continually. Any advice greatly appreciated
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: dom support
gazman1586 wrote:Can a manager suddenly change the job discription of a Dom Support role and start treating them as a spare postman. I applied for an admin job so I would be indoors yet I have been put out to deliver mail continually. Any advice greatly appreciated
Whether they can change it or not I have no idea,might be worth checking with your ADR or Branch, especially if you have protected characteristics that affect your working life.
As an aside my own offices DOM support do what we call a half delivery every day. Its prepped for them, but they do the actual delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: dom support
There are very few indoor duties that aren't required to go on delivery now, Locker staff, callers staff it's open season. They've never asked me but my stand in is continually being sent out and the afternoon guy is now on the delivery list. One manager said fairly recently we might ask you to go out and my response was you'll be delivering before me.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: dom support
iv been dom support twice once for about 5 years 10 years ago and for 1 year again 2 years ago. both times i spent more time on delivery than i did acutally doing my job, you can't do both and get everything done, hense the reason i jacked it in and went back on delivery. all the pressure and stress trying to cover both sides and dealing with callers office and your getting the same pay as normal postman, no thank you
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male