ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How polite......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

How polite......

Post by ganda »

Image
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Do You want to tell us what it said??
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by ganda »

Not sure what you mean......
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well he's obviously receiving this every year and every year he returns it under the delusion that anyone at FIRST is actually dealing with returned correspondence when really it goes straight to the incinerator :cuppa Well good luck next year maybe it will be mis-delivered and never reach the incinerator.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by daveyeff »

I don't know why people get so uptight about this sort of thing. is it too much trouble to chuck it straight in the bin. ive lived in my house for 20 yrs and every now and then I get a letter for the previous owner. its not hard work to sling it in the bin.
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by blakeyboy »

Exactly what I say to them chuck it in the bin.People get so het up about a letter,they need to get a life and worry about something that is worth worrying about!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: How polite......

Post by k979aaa »

Bet it one of those foot painting envelopes/packets again.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Ahh right I get it now
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by PHARRY »

ganda wrote:Not sure what you mean......


What does the note say your pictures awful
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Yeah as said above
joeyuk
Posts: 93
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by joeyuk »

Funny enough i got called back by a customer the other day saying she keeps getting mail that's not her's, right address but different name. She started to have a go at me but i cut her off saying its not my issue as i only deliver to the address, the person named it of little interest to me. She tried to say i should only deliver mail addressed to her or her husband!. I told her i deliver to the address and deliver stupid letters addressed to valued customer, whom it may concern, the pizza lover and everything in between!

I did explain to the the process of killing a letter off but pointed out its down to the sender to stop sending them not RM. Said either write not at this address, pop it in the post box and hope that the sender will bother to sort it out or save some time and just chuck it away. She walked of muttering "no wonder the country's in trouble"
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: How polite......

Post by ganda »

Bit out of focus I agree, but legible, others can read it, still here goes:

Dear inept people at first this is the umpteenth time I have received this type of letter, it comes once a year. I have lived at this address for ten years and returned it every year, I despair!!!!