ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

failed rehab plan

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

failed rehab plan

Post by kirstyx »

Ive been having knee issues since june ive already had one failed rehab in July and im currently on another rehab plan now. I've been back to the dr again today and they are now saying that i will be referred for key hole surgery to try and stop the pain im just wondering if there is a limit on how many rehab plans I can have for the same issue. I am part of the union and my dom has been fine about the time off im just worried as I heard that you are only able to have 2 failed rehabs before they offer ihr
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: failed rehab plan

Post by rehabron »

kirstyx wrote:Ive been having knee issues since june ive already had one failed rehab in July and im currently on another rehab plan now. I've been back to the dr again today and they are now saying that i will be referred for key hole surgery to try and stop the pain im just wondering if there is a limit on how many rehab plans I can have for the same issue. I am part of the union and my dom has been fine about the time off im just worried as I heard that you are only able to have 2 failed rehabs before they offer ihr
It isn't a question of 2 failed rehab programmes its a question of having explored all avenues available to you EHS, OH Assist and your own GP that eventually it is agreed that you will no longer be fit to carry out the duties that is required of you by RM then the offer of IHR would be considered.
You have been referred for keyhole surgery on your knee and I would expect before a decision for IHR is taken RM will wait for a prognosis of your condition after the corrective surgery and the specialist report.
You have already been on a rehab programme since July and RM to date have not taken the easy option of terminating your employment by IHR so they must still consider you to be a valued asset to the business.
Remember you do not have to accept IHR and there is an appeal stage within the procedure provided that you can produce reliable evidence that their offer of IHR is premature.
At the end of the day the best judge of having the ability to continue working on is you.