ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hard hat area
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Hard hat area
A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Hard hat area
he is right see the dom and tell him about itKings Norton wrote:A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Hard hat area
He has spoken to the DOM the reply was go in where you can't deliver bring it back and endorse it, but the guy was more concerned about dust, paint fumes, loose objects all over the stairwells and landings wet floors? Surely that sign complies for anyone visiting the building as well? The DOM done a risk assessment and passed it dispite these sign on view.bringon4dayweeks wrote:he is right see the dom and tell him about itKings Norton wrote:A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Hard hat area
You can do a dynamic risk assessment at the delivery point every day. However, I would ask to see the Managers risk assessment (you are within your rights to ask for and see it) and approach the H&S Rep or Area Safety Rep and get their advice.Kings Norton wrote:He has spoken to the DOM the reply was go in where you can't deliver bring it back and endorse it, but the guy was more concerned about dust, paint fumes, loose objects all over the stairwells and landings wet floors? Surely that sign complies for anyone visiting the building as well? The DOM done a risk assessment and passed it dispite these sign on view.bringon4dayweeks wrote:he is right see the dom and tell him about itKings Norton wrote:A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
Me. I'd see the foreman and ask if he can arrange a suitable process to get the mail to the doors and keep you safe. When I did it, with permission from the Manger in writing, I passed it to the site foreman and he delivered everything - packets and sign for were form left. mind you that was for about 14 days only and residents were made aware by letter from the builders and RM.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Hard hat area
I shall mention this to him tomorrow thanks True Blue.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can do a dynamic risk assessment at the delivery point every day. However, I would ask to see the Managers risk assessment (you are within your rights to ask for and see it) and approach the H&S Rep or Area Safety Rep and get their advice.Kings Norton wrote:He has spoken to the DOM the reply was go in where you can't deliver bring it back and endorse it, but the guy was more concerned about dust, paint fumes, loose objects all over the stairwells and landings wet floors? Surely that sign complies for anyone visiting the building as well? The DOM done a risk assessment and passed it dispite these sign on view.bringon4dayweeks wrote:he is right see the dom and tell him about itKings Norton wrote:A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
Me. I'd see the foreman and ask if he can arrange a suitable process to get the mail to the doors and keep you safe. When I did it, with permission from the Manger in writing, I passed it to the site foreman and he delivered everything - packets and sign for were form left. mind you that was for about 14 days only and residents were made aware by letter from the builders and RM.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Hard hat area
see the dom and access it yourselfKings Norton wrote:I shall mention this to him tomorrow thanks True Blue.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can do a dynamic risk assessment at the delivery point every day. However, I would ask to see the Managers risk assessment (you are within your rights to ask for and see it) and approach the H&S Rep or Area Safety Rep and get their advice.Kings Norton wrote:He has spoken to the DOM the reply was go in where you can't deliver bring it back and endorse it, but the guy was more concerned about dust, paint fumes, loose objects all over the stairwells and landings wet floors? Surely that sign complies for anyone visiting the building as well? The DOM done a risk assessment and passed it dispite these sign on view.bringon4dayweeks wrote:he is right see the dom and tell him about itKings Norton wrote:A guy in our office is booting off about a block of flats getting renovated he says a hard hat area sign is on the front of the building and he says the workers are shifting materials about the place, electric wires going across the floors, smells of glue and paint spraying the bannisters i'm a floater on this most weeks do I go in or is he right NOT to go in?
Me. I'd see the foreman and ask if he can arrange a suitable process to get the mail to the doors and keep you safe. When I did it, with permission from the Manger in writing, I passed it to the site foreman and he delivered everything - packets and sign for were form left. mind you that was for about 14 days only and residents were made aware by letter from the builders and RM.