ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tracked Items Barcode.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Tracked Items Barcode.
I wish someone with a bit of cop on from Royal Mail will consider inventing stickers for the bar codes on the tracked items instead of us getting p****d wet through writing out 13 number digits on P739 cards. so annoying and time consuming.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
And standby for a lino going bush lolRory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
I won
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
Fk emKings Norton wrote:And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
They can get it from the sender, enough time is wasted without writing the code out.Kings Norton wrote:And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
They won't you'll have spent no extra time at all trying 15 neighbours until you find some fckker who's in !!And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
tonytucker wrote:Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth
If you can't do the job properly perhaps you could follow your own advice.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 40#p670940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;tonytucker wrote:Leave and give a job to a immigrant then
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
... and when you get counselled for it, and keep your word from another thread , you will have f'ked yourself.Tuffers1875 wrote:Fk emKings Norton wrote:And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
HUGSTEREFC
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 19 Feb 2013, 11:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:tonytucker wrote:Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth
If you can't do the job properly perhaps you could follow your own advice.http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 40#p670940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;tonytucker wrote:Leave and give a job to a immigrant then
TEE-HEE
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
I must admit I write the barcode out,only because I have left a loop to ensure I finish on time,there is no need to rush once you know how long the different loops take you can plan accordingly,I got a lot of grief when I first started cutting off,prep tests,snide comments,stand to arguments,implied threats,the dom's finally came out and tested me and the walk took 5 and a 1/4 hours in August,I still get a bit of grief but I'm more or less left alone,the dom,s don't speak to me,no good morning or anything like that,I don't get any odd days holiday that I want and they try to be as awkward as possible,but I've been dicked about by professionals,and the clowns at Royal mail don't even come close to what the Army can do,so it's not a problem,well to me at least.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
I used to copy the barcode down, but it would never scan. I can't seem to get the gaps between the lines right, or maybe the thickness of the lines.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
when we started using the pda we were told with tracked items we didint have to write the barcode but it was preferred for us to do so as it helps the locker staff which i dont mind doing if it isnt raining lol
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Re: Tracked Items Barcode.
I don't follow - if you don't write the tracked number on a P739, then what do you do with a Special, recorded or foreign signed for item that has no peel off sticker available?