ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Available rounds
-
iminavest
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Available rounds
What is the official procedure when a job becomes available due to the walk holder retiring, leaving etc?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Available rounds
It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.

-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Available rounds
no it isnt its lapsedLounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.![]()
-
iminavest
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
Could be interesting with a rural haha.glenfiddich wrote:no it isnt its lapsedLounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.![]()
Thanks, got a feeling manager is gonna try to offer the job to someone specific because folk that might want it know a few rounds.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Available rounds
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.![]()
in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
It should be put up for signing in seniority order
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Available rounds
i could add to that but for fear of liable, but you know who you are you fat ginger (fact) dom nob sucking grass ass licker (opinion of 99.9% of co workers)tiggle wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.![]()
in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
me bitter?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.korky wrote:i could add to that but for fear of liable, but you know who you are you fat ginger (fact) dom nob sucking grass ass licker (opinion of 99.9% of co workers)tiggle wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful.![]()
in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
me bitter?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
Crazy how things are so different from office to office... the 3 rurals in our office are a total doddle and getting one would be like obtaining the holy grail.. I can guarantee that if one became vacant there would be 25 applications from the 25 staff in our place!Barbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Available rounds
Yet elsewhere the rural vacancies are long rounds, so an early chance of a full time contract, until the revision when the new van-shared town duties are no better.wacko74 wrote:Crazy how things are so different from office to office... the 3 rurals in our office are a total doddle and getting one would be like obtaining the holy grail.. I can guarantee that if one became vacant there would be 25 applications from the 25 staff in our place!Barbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Available rounds
thank god for dictionary dot comrubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
Sorry, I was being a bit precocious there! A fence is a wooden or other material structure used to divide or protect areas of land. Hope that helpskorky wrote:thank god for dictionary dot comrubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Available rounds
rubberbond wrote:Sorry, I was being a bit precocious there! A fence is a wooden or other material structure used to divide or protect areas of land. Hope that helpskorky wrote:thank god for dictionary dot comrubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
lost me there too, i was stuck on think & love, i did hear the 2 don't mix
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Available rounds
you could take a bit of a gamble and push the rep to get him to put this duty up for signing straight away that way if you are the only one who wants it you will be able to sign for itBarbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.