ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Physio advise

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
andy3665
Posts: 89
Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 21:58
Gender: Male

Physio advise

Post by andy3665 »

I've been to see a Royal Mail appointed Physio to assessment and treat my injury which occured at work. He has diagnosed Anterior ligament damage and damage to the ankle bone. He has advise another 3 weeks off work and said it will take 12 weeks to recover from. He is putting this in his report and sending it to Royal Mail.

My question is this.

Do I need to get a sicknote to cover this extra 3 weeks or will his report cover me?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Physio advise

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

You'll need a Fit note.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Re: Physio advise

Post by iHateD2Ds »

As TrueBlue Terrier say you have to get a Fit note.

You need to make an appointment with your Dr who will assess your injury .

The Fit note has two statements:
(1) I advise you that you are not fit for work
(2) I advise you that you may be fit for work taking in the account of the following advice.

He will then decide which of the 2 statements applies and would be the most beneficial in aiding your recovery.