ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

packets getting silly now....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

packets getting silly now....

Post by sophie97 »

Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!

We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!

I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by blakeyboy »

Get used to it it's only gonna get worse in the forthcoming 12 weeks
char1ie
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Jul 2013, 20:50
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by char1ie »

We are essentially Parcel force now
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by tonytucker »

sophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!

We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!

I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
One word..doorstep
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by clashcityrocker »

tonytucker wrote:
sophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!

We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!

I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
One word..doorstep
Two words ...the sack.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

Don't forget deliver to neighbour :left:
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739 :arrrghhh
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by scoobydo79 »

tonytucker wrote:
sophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!

We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!

I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
One word..doorstep

FFS :arrrghhh
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by sophie97 »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:Don't forget deliver to neighbour :left:
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739 :arrrghhh
When is something going to be done about it? Its the core problem I fell to many issues.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

If we are a parcel delivery service managing a declining volume of letters, why are there not more parcel only delivery roles all year round and an introduction of letter only walks? :hmmmm :whistle
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by visigoth »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:Don't forget deliver to neighbour :left:
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739 :arrrghhh
Neighbour, or neighbours? I recently read in some rag, "all our postmen/women know to try up to 3 neighbours". Plus there was something about "make sure you leave enough time after knocking".

I feel like asking Moya "how much time is 'enough'?" :oops:
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

I've taken a new tack to delivering parcels and am now pretty much 100%

Make sure you know where the only old dears live and ask them , yes you have to endure many cups of tea and slices of cake and at the moment I'm now delivering 6 packets a day :crazy:

Downside is that Ive put on 3 stone :nana , bright side is that I leave 6 loops :Very Happy

Hey they can't have everything now can they !!!
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by Postie45 »

but remember, delivery to a neighbour takes no extra time !! :arrrghhh
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by frankieboy »

I,ve been struggling for quite sometime with the amount of oversize parcels I have to deliver. Because i,m a village postie I have no van driver to take large parcels, large tracked and large specials so I have use a bungee cord to strap them to the back of my bike once the panniers are full. I,ve decided to start taking photos once I,m overloaded to make the managers aware that it's starting to get a safety issue. Just hope plans are in force for the Christmas period this year or there are going to be a lot of unhappy customers.
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by thecompletepackage »

50 plus packets today on a P&L, half of them bigger than the pouches! Park n loop becoming pretty pointless when you can't fit the packets in the bags. :crazy:
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: packets getting silly now....

Post by Judgee »

thecompletepackage wrote:50 plus packets today on a P&L, half of them bigger than the pouches! Park n loop becoming pretty pointless when you can't fit the packets in the bags. :crazy:

Pretty pointless in our office too when we can't even fit them in the van! :wink:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?