ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Arrangements 2014
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Christmas Arrangements 2014
Does anyone know if our kind employers are make a request to OFCOM that Saturday 27th December be a non service day?
Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Officially I don't think anything has been mentioned but I believe there are talks about it and whether it will be a service day or non-service day, there was a thread the other day, talks are going on but lets face it, there not going to give us the day off are they, if every other person in the world is off you can grantee the posties will be working!
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Great idea. I will email Moya and suggest it as a morale-booster.OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Royal Mail have informed the CWU they will not be applying to Of Com for the 27th December to be a non service day.
However they have confirmed that in 2015 when Boxing Day falls on the Saturday and the bank holiday is the Monday that they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
However they have confirmed that in 2015 when Boxing Day falls on the Saturday and the bank holiday is the Monday that they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
That is a good idea although can't really be done, however I'd happily put my name in a hat and 50% of us would have the day off and the other do a double shift. If there was some way of sacrificing the day's pay and another person booking it there would be many takers in our office.OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Take it as a days leave from everybody. Pretty sure 99% of us would happily do this.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
There's thousands of workers who work different shift patterns which would prevent this happeningSpedley wrote:That is a good idea although can't really be done, however I'd happily put my name in a hat and 50% of us would have the day off and the other do a double shift. If there was some way of sacrificing the day's pay and another person booking it there would be many takers in our office.OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
-
Jono
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Never seen the point in taking the time off between Xmas and New Year - they're the easiest couple of days I have. Would rather use the leave for the days following New Year when the lino's start rolling out the bulk delivery crap again!
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Well personally I'd welcome a few days off in a row over Xmas so I could visit relations/take the missus away.
The consequence being....?dingo wrote:they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
We don't workSidley wrote:Well personally I'd welcome a few days off in a row over Xmas so I could visit relations/take the missus away.
The consequence being....?dingo wrote:they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
No because Saturdays are not classed as Bank Holidays so when they are due on a Saturday they move the official day to a Monday. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as confirmationSidley wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014
September is far far too early for management to be thinking about December but it'll be just like Christmas 2008, Thursday 25th offpinstripe wrote:Does anyone know if our kind employers are make a request to OFCOM that Saturday 27th December be a non service day?
Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
And fifty First Class stamps for working hard all year
