ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

embarrassing parcels

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

embarrassing parcels

Post by eastie »

Had a Gold Group (Ann Summers) parcel today which was ripped open, before it had got to our delivery office with a massive black gadget called a Black Mamba in there for all to see :shock: .
Put it in a damaged bag which doesn't hide much because they are clear .
Knocked on their door with the parcel and they were out didn't have the bottle to deliver it to a neighbour. :whistle
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by Mr_Pink »

Think I would have made a concerted effort to DTN :chuckle

One of our firms collections is an adult toys supplier, certainly an eye opener the first time you go there.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by Spedley »

I think I would have returned it as damaged without attempting delivery - perhaps not the correct thing to do but I highly doubt a complaint would be made and in all likely hood the customer would be non the wiser.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by ratchet »

That's given me an idea for the wife's Xmas present.

She's getting a pair of slippers, and a dildo.

If she doesn't like the slippers she can go .... :whistle
I am no longer a number :-)
escargot
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 06:58
Location: glasgow

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by escargot »

I remember having to deliver a packet to a couple,who I knew from my previous job,which had been opened by Customs and had a sticker affixed saying part of the consignment had been confiscated as it broke obsenity laws.They both stood there and said it wasn't for them!!
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by saddlerposty »

remember a few years back , we also had an ann summers arrived damaged, it was a French maids uniform SIZE 24 :shock:
YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER MAID !
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by wacko74 »

One lad in our office once had to deliver a damaged parcel that was a rubber gimp mask with a dildo for nose... beat that!
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by redneck »

I never realised how sick our society was until I started work for RM :crazy:
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: embarrassing parcels

Post by Lazycarton »

I don't know what was in the package, but it was addressed to "Piss Flaps". Said PF was not in - so carded. Callers office said it would be interesting to see the ID relating to "Piss Flaps" :Very Happy