This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Misdelivered a recorded
-
PleasedButSticky
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 04 Feb 2014, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Misdelivered a recorded
Our office troll, (he only ever smiles when someone is in the s**t) told me yesterday, while rubbing his hands with excitement, that I misdelivered a recorded delivery last week and I had a neighbour sign for the packages. So the manager is supposedly shitting biscuits about it, the customer has been a complete arse about it and was in raising hell, seems she wanted blood. I can understand her being annoyed with my cockup but the neighbour passed her Rec in and no harm was done. This is my first complaint in my 7 months at RM. I was on a round I've never done before, it's a high pressure round due to regular specials (7-8 usually) being scattered all over the walk, at the end of the walk I'm usually exhausted.
This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me

This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?
and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
Delivery to a neighbour is a Royal Mail standard now
I'm sure the 739 got lost somewhere 
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
Was it more than one item?PleasedButSticky wrote:Our office troll, (he only ever smiles when someone is in the s**t) told me yesterday, while rubbing his hands with excitement,So the manager is supposedly shitting biscuits about it, the customer has been a complete arse about it and was in raising hell, seems she wanted blood. I can understand her being annoyed with my cockup but the neighbour passed her Rec in and no harm was done. This is my first complaint in my 7 months at RM. I was on a round I've never done before, it's a high pressure round due to regular specials (7-8 usually) being scattered all over the walk, at the end of the walk I'm usually exhausted.that I misdelivered a recorded delivery last week and I had a neighbour sign for the packages.
This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me![]()
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
Well, clearly Royal Mail has failed the customers and recipients.
Expect a high level investigation to ensue in your office.
Questions will be asked of yourself and those responsible for putting you in that position.
It's for your delivery manager to fall on his sword.
Expect a high level investigation to ensue in your office.
Questions will be asked of yourself and those responsible for putting you in that position.
It's for your delivery manager to fall on his sword.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
just tell them you delivered to neighbour but cant remember whether you left a card or not probably just a storm in a teacup as nothing got lost or stolen
-
tommytucka
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
Why did the neighbour sign if it's not theirs? As above just say you intentionally delivered it there and forgot to put a card informing the customer of this.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
Read the abovevanman90 wrote:did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?
and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
Then repeat the above
The above is the most likely
iSNT IT?
I won
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
vanman90 wrote:did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?
and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
Ahhhhh I see.Im with You now
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
A donut at our orifice delivered a whole load of tracked items to the wrong road. I won't mention names H...y 
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Misdelivered a recorded
LolTuffers1875 wrote:A donut at our orifice delivered a whole load of tracked items to the wrong road. I won't mention names H...y
Oneo the dwarves?
Happy?
I won