ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trying to apply for a delivery job...
-
waveydavy
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 10:44
- Gender: Male
- Location: Rugby
Trying to apply for a delivery job...
There are delivery jobs at my local DO, and I'd like to apply because I'm sick of getting nowhere with Angard. Unfortunately, I don't drive, so my application gets rejected straight away. Is it really necessary to be able to drive? I'm sure I see posties going out in pairs.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Trying to apply for a delivery job...
All new applicants have to have a driving licence simply because it gives the employer greater flexibility.
But not everybody needs to be able to drive.
You would need to have a word with a manager and see if they can get round the driving requirement.
If you have proved yourself to be a good worker they might be able to help you out.
But not everybody needs to be able to drive.
You would need to have a word with a manager and see if they can get round the driving requirement.
If you have proved yourself to be a good worker they might be able to help you out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Trying to apply for a delivery job...
Compulsary driving now for new applicant .
-
waveydavy
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 10:44
- Gender: Male
- Location: Rugby
Re: Trying to apply for a delivery job...
Ah, the joys of being an Angard casual. No hours means that I can't afford to pass my driving test. 