ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Changing position from PDO to driver

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Offa
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 May 2014, 19:09
Gender: Male

Changing position from PDO to driver

Post by Offa »

How can it be done? I'm a PDO and will soon (hopefully) get my Cat C driving licence and would love to get out on the road full time. Are there internal avenues to pursue or do I just have to wait for a vacancy to come up on the official RM site?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Changing position from PDO to driver

Post by arnold cheshire »

Offa wrote:How can it be done? I'm a PDO and will soon (hopefully) get my Cat C driving licence and would love to get out on the road full time. Are there internal avenues to pursue or do I just have to wait for a vacancy to come up on the official RM site?
whats a PDO ?
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: Changing position from PDO to driver

Post by tansorboy »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Offa wrote:How can it be done? I'm a PDO and will soon (hopefully) get my Cat C driving licence and would love to get out on the road full time. Are there internal avenues to pursue or do I just have to wait for a vacancy to come up on the official RM site?
whats a PDO ?
OPG, I presume...
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Changing position from PDO to driver

Post by vanman90 »

Postal Delivery Office?