ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

good idea

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

good idea

Post by terry2972 »

Today being very hot our lino decided that even though we were ready at 9.15 she wouldn't release us till 9.45 needless to say I don't think there were anybody left at that time lol
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: good idea

Post by Lounge Lizard »

The second week of the heatwave and our pay statements say "In the hot weather follow our top tips to working outdoors without putting your health at risk. Visit myroyalmail.com and watch RMTV for info." :crazy: :coolr :cuppa
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: good idea

Post by terry2972 »

It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: good idea

Post by wabbithunta »

terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
Yup! :nana :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: good idea

Post by Judgee »

terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares

Must be some other company? TNT maybe... their delivery staff get to go over the park when it's hot and sit in a nice shady bush! :wink:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: good idea

Post by wabbithunta »

Judgee wrote:
terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares

Must be some other company? TNT maybe... their delivery staff get to go over the park when it's hot and sit in a nice shady bush! :wink:
Maybe that's why they found TNT mail in the bushes then? TNT posties "forgot to pick it back up, after taking a break in the shade"
:crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Re: good idea

Post by mailroyaly »

Are we allowed to deliver bare chested in the summer. I wouldn't mind topping up my tan whilst I work? :dance
Throwntothewolves
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Nov 2012, 00:05
Gender: Female

Re: good idea

Post by Throwntothewolves »

wabbithunta wrote:
terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
Yup! :nana :crazy:
I agree. We definitely should be going out earlier. I was out for 6 hours pushing a trolley yesterday in the sun. Even just for an hour was bad! They're more worried about whether you are wearing the correct trainers! They give you water bottles but no water!
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: good idea

Post by justdeno »

The local bin men are now starting 2 hours early because of the weather. Why can't RM do this?
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: good idea

Post by terry2972 »

They are having a laugh from next week it looks as if I will be cutting off the office I work in we use public transport to get to our walk and they are going to ask us to take out some lapsing I only just finish on time as it is
Interesting days lol