ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long will VR be around for?
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
How long will VR be around for?
The reason I am asking is I have been offered VR, but would be gutted if I turned it down and it was not offered again,
Do you think VR will be around for a while or will be a thing of the past shortly?
Do you think VR will be around for a while or will be a thing of the past shortly?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: How long will VR be around for?
get it while you can take it m8.
bloke in our DO turned it down 3 years ago as he wanted more than they offered, he now kicks himself every morning when he turns up for work
bloke in our DO turned it down 3 years ago as he wanted more than they offered, he now kicks himself every morning when he turns up for work
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Is it being offered across the board? I think I would take it now! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Not sure if it is being offered across the board but they want 7 at our place
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: How long will VR be around for?
MTSF is not covered by the 5 year guarantee. It is up for review next year.stroller wrote:The reason I am asking is I have been offered VR, but would be gutted if I turned it down and it was not offered again,
Do you think VR will be around for a while or will be a thing of the past shortly?
You can google "compulsory redundancy" and there is a government site that allows you to calculate what you could receive if you were simply made redundant.
Compare it to your EVR offer.
Nobody knows what will happen but you have to ask yourself if the shareholders are going to be prepared to see such generous payoffs, especially if the share price is still falling.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Perhaps this is a sign I should take it if it's available. Only today I was thinking please offer me EVR before I go completely insane! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
A few in our delivery unit have enquired about EVR more than once, they're quite confident the opportunity will come around again.
Every six months or so we're asked to fill in a form to show our interest in working in another location or taking redundancy.
Our manager isn't so sure they ought to wait for more, and he wants out too, ASAP. but RM have allegedly told him he's stuck with us
Every six months or so we're asked to fill in a form to show our interest in working in another location or taking redundancy.
Our manager isn't so sure they ought to wait for more, and he wants out too, ASAP. but RM have allegedly told him he's stuck with us
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
A bit of background for you, I always wanted to go at 50 but was nearly 49 when they changed it to 55 so I just missed out, I am 53 next month and want to go at 55, so if I don't take it now and get to 55 and no VR in sight I would be gutted as I said earlier, the plan is if I take it will be to pay myself out of the VR money until I call my pension in at 55.
Does that sound like a good idea or not?
Does that sound like a good idea or not?
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Have been offered it as well, just don't know what to do in my 40s done 25 years; would be nice for 2 years but then would have to get another job. 
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
seaside,
If I was in my 40's I would not go
If I was in my 40's I would not go
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
I wouldn't need to be asked twice but I do understand people's circumstances are different. We have a few at our office who are hanging on for a better offer but as already mentioned the generous pay offs could end sooner rather than later.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Take it and get another job - the EVR is not a pension or renewable so put it away or pay off a proportion or all of your mortgage. What a lump would do is give you time to decide what you want to do and provide a period of financial stability. In my working life I have had a lump sum from severance when I was 43, later buy down, 2 lump sums from separate pensions and my old age pension and I still work, I don't need to I just choose to. The lump sum would give you a choice without pressure.seaside wrote:Have been offered it as well, just don't know what to do in my 40s done 25 years; would be nice for 2 years but then would have to get another job.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
Our DOM insists he needs to lose hours out of the office, he also insists that VR isn't available.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: How long will VR be around for?
wacko74 wrote:Our DOM insists he needs to lose hours out of the office, he also insists that VR isn't available.
Same in our office. Number of staff want it but silence from managers.
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: How long will VR be around for?
we filled in the forms in May declaring interest or not, we put them in a tray on the flooor in the office, and they have been there ever since, not touched, there is a major revision ongoing in our unit so I`m still reasonably confident . problem is virtually every over 50 wants to go