ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Helping lost TNT bods

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

If a TNT person asked for directions/help in finding an address, would you...

Give them the information they need.
160
55%
Give them duff info.
31
11%
Politely decline to help.
62
21%
Tell them to go f**k themselves.
40
14%
 
Total votes: 293

*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Helping lost TNT bods

Post by *xen* »

Has anyone been asked for directions by TNT posties yet?

Personally, I consider myself to be a helpful and courteous person but I am not keen in any way to assist TNT so I guess I would have to politely decline to help.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by clashcityrocker »

They can't help who they work for.
They are just wage slaves like me and you who need a helping hand.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6692
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by RobertT »

TNT aren't in my area yet and I'm not 100% sure if they're planning to be either. But I will treat them the same as any other courier/member of the public wanting directions - if they're polite I send them in the right direction, if they're not they could end up anywhere.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by Judgee »

clashcityrocker wrote:They can't help who they work for.
They are just wage slaves like me and you who need a helping hand.

Agreed.... which is a first as I don't normally agree with Clash on anything! :d'oh!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

TNT have been in my area for a while and I always help them if they ask.
They are just trying to do a job like the rest of us :roll:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by datasaint »

No different than courier drivers wanting directions. One day the shoe could be on the other foot.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by DB1100 »

Judgee wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:They can't help who they work for.
They are just wage slaves like me and you who need a helping hand.

Agreed.... which is a first as I don't normally agree with Clash on anything! :d'oh!
I agree and I tend not to agree with him either
For we were soldiers once,and young
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by spiderj »

I'd help,might be joining them some day
You never know where you'll end up
I won
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by freelunch »

spiderj wrote:I'd help,might be joining them some day
You never know where you'll end up

They could be your future boss :evil/mad
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by spiderj »

Well there's boss + boss
.....
Got me a plastic Jesus so I'm cool
:nana
I won
Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by Rory »

The poll results have restored some faith in humanity thus far. Good to see that most people are nice.
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by mdm »

I'd help them, no problem. And this is the first time ever I'm in agreement with Clash and probably the last. :hmmmm
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by raikky »

im just gonna offer them to derliver all their mail since im going there anyway then dump it in the river :)
westlondonpostie
Posts: 559
Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 19:19
Gender: Male
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by westlondonpostie »

They're only doing a job, I make sure any TNT stuff that comes through is surcharged though!
Jamesethefirst
Posts: 146
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: Helping lost TNT bods

Post by Jamesethefirst »

They must be seriously lost if they are delivering in my area!