ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sold down the river by the union
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Sold down the river by the union
I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
And what does your rep say about this?
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Sold down the river by the union
He signed this off absolutely shocking... In my book it should have been for everybody or nobody.Hitcher wrote:And what does your rep say about this?
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Sold down the river by the union
The agreement clearly states reserves should also get the 1 in 6 Saturday's off. This agreement was negotiated by the CWU.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Your DOM and IR Rep should have a rota for allocating the minimum 1 in 6 for reserves, This should be used during the creation of duty lists at the weekly resource meetings.
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Sold down the river by the union
The agreement states 1 in 4 saturdays off for those that want it.
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Do you have that in writing please..whatamess!! wrote:The agreement clearly states reserves should also get the 1 in 6 Saturday's off. This agreement was negotiated by the CWU.
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: Sold down the river by the union
The agreements are not worth the paper their written on.... as well as 1 in 4 Saturdays we can't even get the surplus of annual leave for which we are entitledcelerycelery wrote:The agreement states 1 in 4 saturdays off for those that want it.
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sold down the river by the union
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Whilst the precise number of Saturdays off and the aspirations of employees will vary from unit to unit, both parties believe we can deliver cost effective and reliable options that will maximise the number of Saturdays off for those who wish them.
Royal Mail and CWU commit to achieving at least 1 in 4 Saturdays off for the majority of employees (including reserves) during the roll out of the operational transformation programme
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
There's another consideration here for those who are getting done on their Saturdays. The RM wages must surely have an element for weekend working in there somewhere due to the Saturday service. If somebody is being refused Saturdays then in this respect they are surely being ripped off as well.P739 wrote:I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Can Royal Mail legally refuse to allocate you holidays which have been earned/will be earned during the current holiday year. Are they able to insist that these are rolled over to the following holiday year? I believe not, they must provide you with the holiday if that is what you want.
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: Sold down the river by the union
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Whilst the precise number of Saturdays off and the aspirations of employees will vary from unit to unit, both parties believe we can deliver cost effective and reliable options that will maximise the number of Saturdays off for those who wish them.
Royal Mail and CWU commit to achieving at least 1 in 4 Saturdays off for the majority of employees (including reserves) during the roll out of the operational transformation programme
another get out clause me thinks..
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
-
mlw
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Your not alone same in our office and i asked for sat off in aug said no chance yet some one else has just had 3 of last 4 sats booked but he of course does all ot and is never sick etc runs everywhere and cuts everyones job up he makes plenty of mistakes but dom dont care as he does any ot so its basically if your face fitsP739 wrote:I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Sold down the river by the union
no they definitely cant, its a legal entitlement.Lincox wrote:Can Royal Mail legally refuse to allocate you holidays which have been earned/will be earned during the current holiday year. Are they able to insist that these are rolled over to the following holiday year? I believe not, they must provide you with the holiday if that is what you want.
of course if you are happy to roll over a few days to make up a full extra week next year, but you can insist on them all within the year.
my wife cant roll hers over and ends up taking them at the end of the year when its cold and wet (august
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Lincox wrote:Can Royal Mail legally refuse to allocate you holidays which have been earned/will be earned during the current holiday year. Are they able to insist that these are rolled over to the following holiday year? I believe not, they must provide you with the holiday if that is what you want.
I don't think they can legally refuse annual leave for which you are entitled, but you can bet your bottom dollar they will try, and try to wipe the slate clean on your annual leave card if you let them.
The only person in our office who is guaranteed Saturdays off and annual leave for which they want.. is the DOM.
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'