ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Heaviest Day for Packets?
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Heaviest Day for Packets?
is now looking like a Wednesday. It has been throughout the year and continues to be so during the summer lapsing period. Or is this my imagination? I wonder how many people are now in the awkward position of having to leave excess packets (particularly on a Wednesday) so that you can deliver 20+ mins worth of summer absorption. Just seems absolutely perverse to be doing this. 
-
rogerdawcy
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
I don't understand why everyone is going on about summer lapsing. We've been lapsing 3/4 jobs since May 2012!
I'd love it if it were just a summer thing...
I'd love it if it were just a summer thing...
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Yeah, all year lapsing but it just gets bigger in the summer.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Wednesday for us, Parcelgeddon day
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Wednesdays & Saturdays are now getting crazy for packets, especially re-delivery's!
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3280
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
no time no lapse f**k em
stopped our ot at xmas to make pt hours up fair enough but dont expect me ever to work ot again
work to time

stopped our ot at xmas to make pt hours up fair enough but dont expect me ever to work ot again
work to time
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
65 deliveries .... 10 jobs lapsing next week ........and ....Monday and Tuesday , no overtime what so ever.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Thursday. Always 2 full packet bags now 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
2 packets bags.........luxury, I get a mini red york full plus my tracked and specials, but you try telling the kids that these days and they wont believe youkrussel wrote:Thursday. Always 2 full packet bags now
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
That's what I bring backkrussel wrote:Thursday. Always 2 full packet bags now
-
Lord Hereford
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Wednesdays are the worst in our offfice. Saturdays can be almost as bad, but the difference is we actually get rid of most of the f*ckers!
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Never done any 'summer lapsing' & only do the first bit of Lapsing when we can - that's only ever the occasional Tuesday or Saturday.
Having said that,we work to our time every single day (yes ,even Saturdays) use our trolleys & do the job right.
People in my office make me laugh,they'll moan & gripe about getting extra work,but will still be rushing out the door & returning an hour & a half early....as for using the mandatory LWT's,forget it!
The last bit of our duty is on the main road back to our DO & the amount of vans we see driving back well before time is unbelievable.
When I tell my friends about how my colleagues behave (coming in early,rushing,getting more work to do & repeat) they look at me like I'm crackers.
Seeing is believing I suppose...
Having said that,we work to our time every single day (yes ,even Saturdays) use our trolleys & do the job right.
People in my office make me laugh,they'll moan & gripe about getting extra work,but will still be rushing out the door & returning an hour & a half early....as for using the mandatory LWT's,forget it!
The last bit of our duty is on the main road back to our DO & the amount of vans we see driving back well before time is unbelievable.
When I tell my friends about how my colleagues behave (coming in early,rushing,getting more work to do & repeat) they look at me like I'm crackers.
Seeing is believing I suppose...
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Heaviest Day for Packets?
Around 3 out of 4 Packets are 2c,which is why you get hammered on a Wednesday.They enter the system Mondays as most online stuff is ordered at the weekend.Then processed on Tuesday morning at Mailcentres and dispatched to DOs Wednesday mornings.
same as it ever was...