ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wednesdays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Wednesdays

Post by Darren Bent »

Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.

I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.

Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)

How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
framusjsx
Posts: 88
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by framusjsx »

Apparently its been that way for years, but I agree it's quite ridiculous.
Today I barely got finished, I was off yesterday but everyone said it was a piece of cake. finished well before time etc
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Wednesdays

Post by krussel »

Weds and thurs are now really heavy with parcels and packets. I tend to deliver a few more d2d on tue to the heavier parts of my walk to try to balance it.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by redneck »

krussel wrote:Weds and thurs are now really heavy with parcels and packets. I tend to deliver a few more d2d on tue to the heavier parts of my walk to try to balance it.
That's a good idea, but as my round is really tight for time I often finish on time on Tuesday and go over on others considerably! Extracting the docket can be tiresome.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by worktotime »

Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.

I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.

Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)

How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
Tuesdays quiet ! me and my mate get shafted on pkts and parcels 2.45 this week 45 mins o/t each . Wednesday 3.00 without collapse , we will be lucky to finish on time for the rest of the week without extra. its like this every week.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wednesdays

Post by arnold cheshire »

worktotime wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.

I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.

Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)

How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
Tuesdays quiet ! me and my mate get shafted on pkts and parcels 2.45 this week 45 mins o/t each . Wednesday 3.00 without collapse , we will be lucky to finish on time for the rest of the week without extra. its like this every week.
tuesdays are getting really busy in our office :thumbup
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by holly123 »

I think they are heading to drop Tuesday delivery, they will never go to monday to friday , it will be Mon wed thur Fri sat then no need for day off cover :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by PHARRY »

Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.

I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.

Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)

How can we make Wednesday easier to work.

I think it's about time Royal Mail stop delivering D2D and just deliver letters and parcels
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by PHARRY »

Why can't Royal Mail make the work equal through the week and get rid of D2D
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by janitor »

Because RM have to deliver the mail when it's available, not as and when they choose(only TNT have that luxury )d2d are one of RMs largest profit streams so they won't get rid of them.
Poshpost
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Aug 2007, 17:41

Re: Wednesdays

Post by Poshpost »

TNT also deliver door to door items, two of the three I delivered last week were from TNT and one of two this week are TNT.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by centenaryman »

if you had ever seen the labels on d2d boxes b4 they have been tnt`s stuff for years,,,,,i know there a t++t of a thing to prep and deliver but at the moments with competition were we are and decreasing summer mail in a funny way bring more on.....and I know after they stopped paying us for them that it can be pretty lucrative for rm
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Wednesdays

Post by dave72 »

Some weeks I think it is pointless going out on Tuesdays, this week was ridiculously easy. But, I've noticed it's always the far flung corners that have mail :arrrghhh
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Wednesdays

Post by Darren Bent »

Think we will be working Tuesday to Saturday eventually but that is another topic.