ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I dont believe it

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

I dont believe it

Post by kirstyx »

I went into town today to the main post office to send a parvel only for the counter clerk to say that it would be cheaper for me to take it to a courier company based in the town. Am I the only one who finds this beyond belief there we are constantly having need to do better and that we are now a parcwl based company when we have the post office effectively cutting our legs out from under us.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: I dont believe it

Post by PHARRY »

kirstyx wrote:I went into town today to the main post office to send a parvel only for the counter clerk to say that it would be cheaper for me to take it to a courier company based in the town. Am I the only one who finds this beyond belief there we are constantly having need to do better and that we are now a parcwl based company when we have the post office effectively cutting our legs out from under us.
That's ok take his advice
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: I dont believe it

Post by postypie »

Good point, but quite a few courier companies are offering FREE delivery on first orders with them...look online or in Martins money tips... why pay when you can get it for free