ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by spiderj »

Dudes and dudettes

I have decided to educate !y office one issue at a time
:nana
Need a current spec for hct security as I'm convinced I shouldn't be taking specials/tracked

Any docs would be appreciated
I won
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

spiderj wrote:Dudes and dudettes

I have decided to educate !y office one issue at a time
:nana
Need a current spec for hct security as I'm convinced I shouldn't be taking specials/tracked

Any docs would be appreciated

will look out the exact info, but the rule is they are not allowed to leave your person, ie you must carry them with you if you leave the hct
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

found it!!

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by spiderj »

Cheers zx
My linos not too bad a sort but there have been some breaches in the past I'd like to avoid again.
Last hct guide I saw was dated 2010

Will also ask the wcm/indoor flow folk
:cuppa

Them email security team
Sounds extreme but it looks like the planners cut major corners at our do.
But hey ho mistakes happen.

But I ain't going down for them.
:thumbup
I won
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by spiderj »

Excellent, I'll send it to him wed and ask him to verify

Covers my ass

Thanks again
:thumbup
I won
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by greengiant »

zx135 wrote:found it!!

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, according to that, I shouldn't be using bags and looping from my HCT? (despite being told to do this by lino & dom, and it says to do so in the walk description) :whistle
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

greengiant wrote:
zx135 wrote:found it!!

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, according to that, I shouldn't be using bags and looping from my HCT? (despite being told to do this by lino & dom, and it says to do so in the walk description) :whistle

a little email to moya to confirm might make some rapid changes in your office
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by Hitcher »

greengiant wrote:
zx135 wrote:found it!!

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, according to that, I shouldn't be using bags and looping from my HCT? (despite being told to do this by lino & dom, and it says to do so in the walk description) :whistle
Really?

That's how all ours are done - basically using the HCT like you would a van - parking it up and taking out a loop/bag.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by spiderj »

Me too,think we should all email the security team for advice?
I won
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: heeeeeeellpppp......current hct security guide,please

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

So if on rare lighter days, you can loop without using a pouch i.e. carrying a bundle with 1/2 parcels on your arm, everything is fine?