ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Personally I resort to using the only paper to hand (a P739) and write words to the effect on said 739 ' Many apologies as I have mis-delivered an item for next door' in the bit where the name and address is. Nothing else filled in on the 739. Trouble is the customer has rang in to complain wanting to know if there is an item at DO.
How would anyone else handle this bearing in mind my Line Manager is seeking blood and suggesting to my partner (I was off today) that I will have to have counselling upon my return Sat?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Thats what I do,on paper. Or turn a blind eye. It rarely happens and we are human.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
unfortunately these paper trails as you have found can get you in trouble.BeamishStout wrote:Personally I resort to using the only paper to hand (a P739) and write words to the effect on said 739 ' Many apologies as I have mis-delivered an item for next door' in the bit where the name and address is. Nothing else filled in on the 739. Trouble is the customer has rang in to complain wanting to know if there is an item at DO. :crazy: How would anyone else handle this bearing in mind my Line Manager is seeking blood and suggesting to my partner (I was off today) that I will have to have counselling upon my return Sat?
I just ignore it as if I hadnt noticed, mistakes do happen.
-
pyphon
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East England
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
they is a card you can use that they provide if that helps.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
We have specially printed cards for this purpose. Must get a lot of mis-delivery complaints I guess!BeamishStout wrote:Personally I resort to using the only paper to hand (a P739)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Yep its called a P6543, has a royal mail logo on the back, and an apology from you on the front.pyphon wrote:they is a card you can use that they provide if that helps.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
We've got some of these in the van, and we've only ever used them a few times, fortunately. I've done a few misdeliveries and fortunately they've been in when I knocked to apologise and ask for the mail, due to the habit of going to those houses with their "regular mail" only to realise they didn't have any that day, after I put it through the door..
*memo to self.. Concentrate on the job in hand!*
*memo to self.. Concentrate on the job in hand!*
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I forgot about it by the time I get to the next delivery point
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
i switched off for a minute monday and knew i'd posted to next door, i too write on a 739 to say sorry but thought i'd best leave it this time as i didn't think it apt with the "specsavers" junk mail it was with 
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I just blame the floater.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I once drove my van up an in and out drive of a posh house. They had no mail, but I was on auto-pilot and they were sat in the window looking out as I drove in and out without stopping 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
yes these things happenTuffers1875 wrote:I once drove my van up an in and out drive of a posh house. They had no mail, but I was on auto-pilot and they were sat in the window looking out as I drove in and out without stopping
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I misdelivered to four houses on a round at a different office I'd never done before. The bundle went to xyz close, the houses were xyz gardens (they had no mail) both started at 1, so I assumed it was right, the place was a maze anyway the previous streets were all over the shop. Anyway upon realising mistake I knocked on the houses none answered, so tore 739 in half, crossed out 'something for you' put 'apologies' above and wrote in address box the mistake.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Sometimes your damned if you do and damned if you don't.
You just hope that the people who receive the wrong mail are at least half human and have some degree of understanding.
You just hope that the people who receive the wrong mail are at least half human and have some degree of understanding.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Very unlikely! Most of the time they complain insisting that it has happened ''dozens of times''krussel wrote:Sometimes your damned if you do and damned if you don't.![]()
You just hope that the people who receive the wrong mail are at least half human and have some degree of understanding.