ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quick question about being off sick
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Quick question about being off sick
Ive been signed off sick for the last 2 weeks with knee pain the oh assist person has said that they think I can go back to work when the sick note has finished on Thursday but I want to wait and see what the doctors opinion is before I agree with what they have suggested if the dr does sign me off again does that mean that I ignore what oh assist has said
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Quick question about being off sick
kirstyx wrote:Ive been signed off sick for the last 2 weeks with knee pain the oh assist person has said that they think I can go back to work when the sick note has finished on Thursday but I want to wait and see what the doctors opinion is before I agree with what they have suggested if the dr does sign me off again does that mean that I ignore what oh assist has said
They think!
Personally I'd go with your doctors opinion and get him to give you a sick note to cover your absence. I'd ignore Atos, or as you put it the Oh Assist person, and send your new sick note in to your office.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Quick question about being off sick
Thanks thats just what I thought appreciate it
-
derricksmyth
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Quick question about being off sick
Yes, go by what your doctor tells you. I am surprised you have been talking to Atos already as they generally do not get involved until you have been off for 14 days. Your doctors opinion is paramount.kirstyx wrote:Thanks thats just what I thought appreciate it
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Quick question about being off sick
derricksmyth wrote:Yes, go by what your doctor tells you. I am surprised you have been talking to Atos already as they generally do not get involved until you have been off for 14 days. Your doctors opinion is paramount.kirstyx wrote:Thanks thats just what I thought appreciate it
Not quite correct ATOS only become involved when your dom requests the, be involved which may be day 1 or even later than day 14
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Quick question about being off sick
Ive spoken to them twice now the first time was fine she wad really helpful and listened to what I said but the lady today had such a strong accent but I could hardly understand what she was asking