ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos phone interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Atos phone interview

Post by Postiebear »

I have been referred to Atos and have a phone interview in a couple of days, what sort of stuff will I be asked and how long to the phone calls usually last?
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by Hitcher »

Just had one for my Plantar Fasciitis - it was pretty straight forward questions and they were very helpful.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Did you give permission for this?
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by Postiebear »

zx135 wrote:Did you give permission for this?
Yes, i was told I was being referred to ATOS and it would just be a phone call, don't have a problem with it as my injury is genuine.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by dblad »

A little bit of stretching the truth helps, it got me an extra 3 weeks off sick.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by postypie »

Had one once...how the heck they are able to assess people over the phone is beyond me.
Furthermore, whatever they recommend managers (many) often ignore their advice despite the fact the very same manager got ATOS involved in the first place.
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by borders »

they are now known as Occupational Health and from a recent phone call with them they were very helpful with regards to my problem. the lady just listened to me and barely said a word and agreed with my comments etc. just be firm and polite. they even phoned during work hours although I work in a MC.
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by kirstyx »

Im having knee issues and been off for 3 weeks the first person I spoke to wss very good helpful and listened to what she was being told however person I spoke to today I could hardly understand as their first language wasnt english I kept having to get her to repeat herself
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Atos phone interview

Post by Himaggen »

Postiebear wrote:
zx135 wrote:Did you give permission for this?
Yes, i was told I was being referred to ATOS and it would just be a phone call, don't have a problem with it as my injury is genuine.
You should never be told, either you make a referral request or your Manager asks for your permission.