ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sick pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
turb2o
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 23:11
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by turb2o »

I'm off with stress for three weeks do I have to give my sicknote in myself in person post it or give it on my return and will it affect memail getting paid thanks
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: sick pay

Post by baldrick »

turb2o wrote:I'm off with stress for three weeks do I have to give my sicknote in myself in person post it or give it on my return and will it affect memail getting paid thanks
You don't have to give Sickness Certificates in person. You do need to send it in as soon as possible, but you can post it. If possible send it by recorded or Special Delivery so you have proof it has been received, and keep a photocopy in case it gets lost.

You should get full pay if you have worked for RM for 12 months, are established, and haven't had more than 6 months off sick in the last 12 months - I think that is correct but if not I'm sure someone will advise.
turb2o
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 23:11
Gender: Male

Re: sick pay

Post by turb2o »

baldrick wrote:
turb2o wrote:I'm off with stress for three weeks do I have to give my sicknote in myself in person post it or give it on my return and will it affect memail getting paid thanks
You don't have to give Sickness Certificates in person. You do need to send it in as soon as possible, but you can post it. If possible send it by recorded or Special Delivery so you have proof it has been received, and keep a photocopy in case it gets lost.

You should get full pay if you have worked for RM for 12 months, are established, and haven't had more than 6 months off sick in the last 12 months - I think that is correct but if not I'm sure someone will advise.
Thanks anything to avoid talking to the dim in person
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: sick pay

Post by baldrick »

turb2o wrote:Thanks anything to avoid talking to the dim in person
Don't blame you! :Very Happy