Hi y'all.
I applied for a transfer (currently in the West Midlands going to the South coast) and now I'm waiting for my DOM to talk to the other DOM. The application was all done online and the status now reads 'Processing Offer'. My DOM said he would try and contact him this week but I'm sceptical. Should I give him a gentle reminder everyday or just leave him to it? I hate waiting, I need a date so I can give my landlord the minimum 1 month notice.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long should a transfer take?
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Re: How long should a transfer take?
I would phone office that u want to go to first to make sure that there is a vacancy and that u can get it, in my experience, ur dom can refuse remember, get other Dom to phone ur dom, and get ur union rep to try and get his fellow rep of the other office mobile number and call him, it can take a while but u can get involved urself
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How long should a transfer take?
Check the details on this LTB and its attachment it may help (it may not as well) http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... er#p646287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: How long should a transfer take?
Thanks for the quick reply.
As far as I'm concerned it's been accepted. I applied for the job which was advertised on the RM website, I had a call from HR to confirm I new about the reduced hours and that I could move location within 28 days, she then said she was going to e-mail my DOM to get him to contact the other DOM to arrange a date. I spoke to my DOM Tuesday as I was off on holiday the week before when I applied, and he said he'd received the e-mail and he was going try and talk to him this week, he didn't say anything about not letting me go, he was fine with it all. It's just a waiting game now.
I'll ask if he's talk to him on Saturday when I'm back in. 
Edit: They wanted to know if I could move within 28 days. 28 days from when? Her phone call? The application?
Online application status:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1435xwfimkkmf97/Untitled.png
As far as I'm concerned it's been accepted. I applied for the job which was advertised on the RM website, I had a call from HR to confirm I new about the reduced hours and that I could move location within 28 days, she then said she was going to e-mail my DOM to get him to contact the other DOM to arrange a date. I spoke to my DOM Tuesday as I was off on holiday the week before when I applied, and he said he'd received the e-mail and he was going try and talk to him this week, he didn't say anything about not letting me go, he was fine with it all. It's just a waiting game now.
Edit: They wanted to know if I could move within 28 days. 28 days from when? Her phone call? The application?
Online application status:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1435xwfimkkmf97/Untitled.png
-
Craig_Fairbrass
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
- Gender: Male
Re: How long should a transfer take?
I had a right carry on when transferring from delivery to collections and that was in the same building! If HR have confirmed your transfer them 28 days should be the maximum waiting time. I'd been told two months as my office was understaffed but the threat of me involving the union caused them to change their mind and I was gone by the end of the week.
If your manager is dragging his heels, have a quick word with your rep.
If your manager is dragging his heels, have a quick word with your rep.
-
Jon Chaplarski
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 12 Jun 2012, 21:33
- Gender: Male
Re: How long should a transfer take?
I have been waiting 1 year and two months. 
What good are promises,if nobody honours them?