ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Full time hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stevo1985
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Full time hours

Post by Stevo1985 »

Can someone tell me what full time hours are officAlly? I'm part time on 30 hours but covers a full time walk. So what are full time hours 40?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Full time hours

Post by clashcityrocker »

Full time hours = 39.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Full time hours

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Interested to know how other offices breakdown their 39 hour weeks. I know another local office has the usual 8 hour days and then finishes an hour early on Saturday....which seems like a good idea. :thumbup
I know some work short days and long days. :thumbdown
Not even sure what we're "Meant" to be doing", I presume it's 7 Hours 48 Minutes per day, which is really confusing at the end of a long hot day, trying doing the mental arithmetic to work out any Overtime! :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Stevo1985
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Full time hours

Post by Stevo1985 »

My start time is 8.30 and I've been coming in at 6.30 as told to. When I calm for my 2 hours o/t they say we will work it out pro rata and there is different finish times on different days. But my contract say 8.30 to 2.30? So shouldn't I be getting my full 2 hours?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Full time hours

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Stevo1985 wrote:My start time is 8.30 and I've been coming in at 6.30 as told to. When I calm for my 2 hours o/t they say we will work it out pro rata and there is different finish times on different days. But my contract say 8.30 to 2.30? So shouldn't I be getting my full 2 hours?
what time are you finishing at?