ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

advice needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

advice needed

Post by terry2972 »

I have just had my first long week end off I am on a 27.5hr contract the manager sent me a text saying there had been a change of plan and I am now working weds,thurs, and Friday starting at 6.30 whereas my normal start time is 9 wasn't asked is this right? Can I refuse? I suppose positive side is I get 3 days off
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: advice needed

Post by terry2972 »

I am meant to be on a five day week with a rolling day off. Hours are meant to be 9 till 2.30 so now a 3 day week is this change normal without being asked?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: advice needed

Post by coxie »

Think es supposed to give you something like 30 days notice if he's planning on changing shift. I'd speak to your rep
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: advice needed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It all depends on the wording of your contract, but I would have expected more notice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: advice needed

Post by arnold cheshire »

terry2972 wrote:I have just had my first long week end off I am on a 27.5hr contract the manager sent me a text saying there had been a change of plan and I am now working weds,thurs, and Friday starting at 6.30 whereas my normal start time is 9 wasn't asked is this right? Can I refuse? I suppose positive side is I get 3 days off
change your number you cant be having that when your off :thumbup
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: advice needed

Post by terry2972 »

Yes I think a change of number would be good