ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have I got news for you

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
VforVendetta
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Oct 2013, 19:17
Gender: Male

Have I got news for you

Post by VforVendetta »

Did anyone see extended 'have I got news for you last night' ? They ran a headline saying 'postman delivers all the mail for one street to the first house' and then went on to say that it was Royal mail who had contracted it out to TNT!!!
I would very much doubt this to be true and I think it was London but if untrue I am staggered that the BBC could get something so wrong.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by wandle »

The union needs to be proactive (ha!) and start informing the news media that TNT are not suddenly starting deliveries as a direct result of the privatisation process. That they have been planning this for years and would be doing it now, irrespective of the privatisation. But the union need to educate these BBC, Sky and ITV boneheads that any delivery failures are not always down to Royal Mail staff !!!!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by arnold cheshire »

VforVendetta wrote:Did anyone see extended 'have I got news for you last night' ? They ran a headline saying 'postman delivers all the mail for one street to the first house' and then went on to say that it was Royal mail who had contracted it out to TNT!!!
I would very much doubt this to be true and I think it was London but if untrue I am staggered that the BBC could get something so wrong.
why take that programme serious ? :thumbup
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by Postie45 »

people still watch that show ?
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

Postie45 wrote:people still watch that show ?
Only people with the intelligence required to understand the humour.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:
Postie45 wrote:people still watch that show ?
Only people with the intelligence required to understand the humour.
:wave :thumbup :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by dohnut »

The last time that show was good was when angus deaton was hosting, around the same time he was having sex with prostitutes and snorting coke of there tits. :Very Happy
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Have I got news for you

Post by venger »

dohnut wrote:The last time that show was good was when angus deaton was hosting, around the same time he was having sex with prostitutes and snorting coke of there tits. :Very Happy
This is true. It has nothing to do with some sort of bullshit 'high-brow humor intelligence' If you are that egotistical, maybe you ought to take your head out of your arse.