ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay rise related..
-
MDWootton
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Pay rise related..
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info..
I am on a permanent 31 hour contract and my initial 6 months are up next week and I am due a pay rise.
Does anyone know what I can expect from this?
Many thanks.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info..
I am on a permanent 31 hour contract and my initial 6 months are up next week and I am due a pay rise.
Does anyone know what I can expect from this?
Many thanks.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Pay rise related..
YES
50p an hour extra
and same again when a year is up
:)
50p an hour extra
and same again when a year is up
:)
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
Yes a whole 50p an hour more don't spend it all at once
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
so for a 31 hr contract that is a rise of 15.50 pw hope you turned yours down terry2972terry2972 wrote:Yes a whole 50p an hour more don't spend it all at once
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
No I wouldn't turn the £10 after tax down another thought I am on a 27.5 contract and receive part payment for the door to door but as my colleague pointed out today we both deliver the same amount and she gets the full amount strange old world lol
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Pay rise related..
terry2972 wrote:No I wouldn't turn the £10 after tax down another thought I am on a 27.5 contract and receive part payment for the door to door but as my colleague pointed out today we both deliver the same amount and she gets the full amount strange old world lol
No one gets paid for D2D now so your colleague is wrong. The Delivery Supplement is based on hours worked up to 39 - PTimers get a slightly higher OT rate from their contracted hours up to 39 to match FT colleagues when they work overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Pay rise related..
Yep,2 tier overtime,lovely innit.terry2972 wrote:many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
I thought that would be the case I think I understand why rm don't give full time contracts at the moment I nearly always do full time hrs but holiday and sick pay is based on my contracted hrs great isn't it lol
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
The pay is bearable, the walking isn,t.
-
MDWootton
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
OK thanks for the info guys, some of the staff in my depot seem to think it will go up according to my pay rate and contracted hours ie equalling around 1.50 pay rise....
I truly hope they are right and you are wrong but no breath being held here lol.
I truly hope they are right and you are wrong but no breath being held here lol.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
Whats your current hourly rate?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Pay rise related..
No - but then nor do FTs - you'll get an enhanced rate for anything over your contracted hours up to 39 - meaning you get paid the same as a FTimer (after a year) if you do 39 hours.terry2972 wrote:many thanks for clarifying that situation and I presume when I work over I don't get ot rate until I have got my hours up to full time hrs?
How ?DB1100 wrote:Yep,2 tier overtime,lovely innit.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Pay rise related..
By giving part timer contract to people Royal Mail managers can improve their bonus by savings and that why part timers stuffers on holidays and sick week. :( 
-
MDWootton
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Pay rise related..
£8.65 p/hLincox wrote:Whats your current hourly rate?