ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What constitutes retirement?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

What constitutes retirement?

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

I'm approaching 63 and thinking of calling it a day at RM, I've been here just over 12 months.

I was wondering if anybody knows what constitutes retirement regarding shares. What happens if I start a part time job 3 or 4 months after leaving?

Cheers one and all.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: What constitutes retirement?

Post by Lincox »

I think anyone who leaves after 60 years of age is automatically regarded as retired and can take their shares free of tax.
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: What constitutes retirement?

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

Thank you for that. I was wondering if that was the case.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: What constitutes retirement?

Post by Glenno »

Rudolph_Hucker wrote:I'm approaching 63 and thinking of calling it a day at RM, I've been here just over 12 months.

I was wondering if anybody knows what constitutes retirement regarding shares. What happens if I start a part time job 3 or 4 months after leaving?

Cheers one and all.
There are good leavers and bad leavers
Good leaver = Retirement, I H R etc :wave :wave
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: What constitutes retirement?

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

It's really sad Glenno, I've only been here a short time but I can see a big difference in how the company is run. I thoroughly enjoyed life twelve months ago but now, it is a grind going to work.

The atmosphere in the office is bad, the moral is down, the moaning is up. I feel sorry for the DOM, he seems a nice chap, would go for a beer with him. Poor bloke is getting pressure from above and below and before anybody says it's his fault for doing the job. I would bet he didn't think the job advertised and he applied for was going to tun out like it has.

Talk is, all transfers and recruitment has been stopped, seems as if they are trying to make the job as bad as they can so people leave, so it reduces staffing levels without redundancy pay offs.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.