I'm supposed to arrive at the DO with my frame already prepped and sorted for me to simply bundle up, fill the HCT and head out onto my walk.
Yesterday I didn't leave the DO till half 10, as I had a lot of packets to sort & D2Ds to prep... Ended up returning from my walk at 4:10pm, when I'm supposed to finish my route at half two.....
Today, I didn't have any packets to sort, just a dozen or so letters to prep into the frame, and get the walk bundled up. Despite this, I still didn't get out the door till 10am!, resulting in me getting back to the DO after my walk at 20 past four, almost 2 hours after my route should finish..
I probably could pick the pace up for prepping and bundling up the mail and loading the HCT, however I am struggling to see how I can pick the pace up on delivery with the HCT! I'm OK when I can chain the HCT up, and do a loop with just a bundle of mail in my hand, however when I'm having to push the HCT from door to door, and deliver, this really seems to be slowing me up.... If i'm working from a bundle while pushing the HCT, I put it in the bundle holder while I push, then once I have stopped I take the whole bundle out, do the delivery (sometimes just to 1 address), then back into the bundle holder then push again... I'm assuming this is the Correct Thing to do, and it would be a bad idea to leave the rest of the bundle in the holder, covered, take just what I need for the one address, then back to the HCT? I probably should have asked my work coach this last week....
I'm also slightly concerned that my work coach says he can do this walk solo, and be finished an hour early. Previous to my work coach doing this route, it was done by the CWU rep. Kind of expecting a whole lot of bother about my lack of speed!
I can only hope that my shiny new uniform will give me with Super Postie Speed when I get it!!
Ach, well, at least it's been a lovely day for it!
Any ideas on picking up the pace? Or will it come naturally?