so today was heavy in our DO, came off IPS at 8:10 ( started at 06:30 ) and had 12 trays of flats and 4 trays of mech to prep.
needless to say I did'nt get out on delivery on time so I elected to cut off.
Manager and I agreed to what was being left, so I took out what I was going to take out and completed the delivery.
However, on getting back to the DO, I found a pouch with all the packets and at least 1/4 of the delivery I left in the frame. The manager took it out and must have decided it was too hard for them and just dumped it on my frame!! and went home!! I finished just after my work hours.
Now if that was me that did that I would be for the high jump or at the very least a massive rollocking, However for a manager it seems, the USO does not exist neither does Willful Delay.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
More for you to do tomorrow means a bigger cut off 
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
E mail Moya
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
Unless you know what your manager reported as a failure, then it isn't a good idea to accuse them of anything.doorstepped wrote:
Now if that was me that did that I would be for the high jump or at the very least a massive rollocking, However for a manager it seems, the USO does not exist neither does Willful Delay.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
Even our DOM will go out delivering if there is anything left over.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
doorstepped wrote:so today was heavy in our DO, came off IPS at 8:10 ( started at 06:30 ) and had 12 trays of flats and 4 trays of mech to prep.
needless to say I did'nt get out on delivery on time so I elected to cut off.
Manager and I agreed to what was being left, so I took out what I was going to take out and completed the delivery.
However, on getting back to the DO, I found a pouch with all the packets and at least 1/4 of the delivery I left in the frame. The manager took it out and must have decided it was too hard for them and just dumped it on my frame!! and went home!! I finished just after my work hours.
Now if that was me that did that I would be for the high jump or at the very least a massive rollocking, However for a manager it seems, the USO does not exist neither does Willful Delay.
The managers job is to make a reasonable attempt to get the mail delivered, that means offering overtime to the postie on the duty or someone else to get the duty covered, as long as he has attempted to get the mail delivered then he is not wilfully delaying the mail
There is nothing anywhere that says the manager must take it all out himself and deliver it if no postie doesnt want to do it,
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
the manager TOOK it out on delivery, then brought it back, left it in a pouch and dumped it on my frame.
so if we had an audit or the DSM walked in and saw it. I would have been the one to get the blame.
if it was left in the frame, then fair enough, he could have reported it via DODR as not being delivered, but just to dump it on my frame and go home!!
so if we had an audit or the DSM walked in and saw it. I would have been the one to get the blame.
if it was left in the frame, then fair enough, he could have reported it via DODR as not being delivered, but just to dump it on my frame and go home!!
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Willful Delay? not if you are a manager!
It's a wonder he bothered to take it out.doorstepped wrote:the manager TOOK it out on delivery, then brought it back, left it in a pouch and dumped it on my frame.
so if we had an audit or the DSM walked in and saw it. I would have been the one to get the blame.
if it was left in the frame, then fair enough, he could have reported it via DODR as not being delivered, but just to dump it on my frame and go home!!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one