ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Medical Advice(varicose veins)
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Medical Advice(varicose veins)
Need some advice on a medical nature, silly question but has anyone else suffered from varicose veins. With standing and walking all day its taken it toll on my legs, I understand that you can,t get anything done on the NHS as it classed as cosmetic surgery, anyone had any private treatment, where at and how much does it cost?
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Medical Advice(varicose veins)
I have a friend who had this op done on the NHS. It wasn't classed as cosmetic surgery either.
After seeing his GP he was referred to a specialist at a local hospital, and then had the op about two months later i think.
He was also off work for about six weeks to recover.
After seeing his GP he was referred to a specialist at a local hospital, and then had the op about two months later i think.
He was also off work for about six weeks to recover.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
ernstyle
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical Advice(varicose veins)
going through it now. had my scan waiting to go back to hospital to find out next step. hopefully should be soon cos the itching and aching is really p"%sing me off
-
Fulham14
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 20 Oct 2013, 16:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical Advice(varicose veins)
Hello. You should get it looked at by your doctor because in extreme cases complications can arise. But don't worry.
The old procedure was done by surgery and like another poster said took a month to recover.
The latest procedure is to cortisone the veins (like boxers do on noses).
This is done under local anesetic and about half an hour.
Recovery time immediate. The advice I was given after this procedure was 'it's a sunny day why don't you go down the river and have a pint or two'.
Had a couple of bruises where tubes went in lasted a bit of time.
Again, nothing to get super stressed but you do need to go see a doctor.
Done on NHS.
Good luck.
The old procedure was done by surgery and like another poster said took a month to recover.
The latest procedure is to cortisone the veins (like boxers do on noses).
This is done under local anesetic and about half an hour.
Recovery time immediate. The advice I was given after this procedure was 'it's a sunny day why don't you go down the river and have a pint or two'.
Had a couple of bruises where tubes went in lasted a bit of time.
Again, nothing to get super stressed but you do need to go see a doctor.
Done on NHS.
Good luck.
-
RedlorryMan
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical Advice(varicose veins)
I had my variocose veigns done on the NHS last year. Probably depends on how bad they are. and how much you say they hurt you.
I had suffered with mine for over 30 years.
NHS performed old fashioned striping ligation on mine. I had 7 weeks off work. But worth having done.
I had suffered with mine for over 30 years.
NHS performed old fashioned striping ligation on mine. I had 7 weeks off work. But worth having done.