I'm on a twenty hour contract but more often than not work five or six days a week.
Anyway this week my manager told me I was working full time (five days).
So do I divide my twenty hours up between the four days I'll actually work due to the Good Friday and book overtime for anything over?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good Friday query
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday query
Anything over four hours is overtime if your on a five day week
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday query
But it will be five hours due to bank holidaygary1975 wrote:Anything over four hours is overtime if your on a five day week
-
JoeWagg
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday query
Cheers Gary.
So do I get paid for the Good Friday?
So do I get paid for the Good Friday?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday query
You will get paid your contracted hours. If you are reserve you day off will probably be fri so say your working mon tue weds thurs sat if your working five days.so if your 20hrs then depending on your start time you will work four hours then the rest is booked as overtime ,and if Friday is your day off then you are owed a day off .plus we get paid on Thursday this week

-
JoeWagg
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Good Friday query
Thanks again.gary1975 wrote:You will get paid your contracted hours. If you are reserve you day off will probably be fri so say your working mon tue weds thurs sat if your working five days.so if your 20hrs then depending on your start time you will work four hours then the rest is booked as overtime ,and if Friday is your day off then you are owed a day off .plus we get paid on Thursday this week![]()