ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wedding special leave
-
ballee
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21
Wedding special leave
Hi,
I am getting married in July and have applied for special leave. I was under the impression I was entitled to time off to get wed, however my DOM laughed at me and told me to get real as there is no such thing. Where can I look this up or can someone advise me.
I am getting married in July and have applied for special leave. I was under the impression I was entitled to time off to get wed, however my DOM laughed at me and told me to get real as there is no such thing. Where can I look this up or can someone advise me.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Wedding special leave
You ARE entitled to leave to get married. Your DOM is a lair and an idiot.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
Be sure to tell him that using those exact words. You will get as much leave as you want.venger wrote:Your DOM is a lair and an idiot.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wedding special leave
MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A
Special Leave C Unpaid
Annual Leave
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
IGNORE - Posted wrong agreement its a POL one.
Special Leave A
Special Leave C Unpaid
Annual Leave
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
IGNORE - Posted wrong agreement its a POL one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Wedding special leave
Congratulations.
Are you inviting your DOM to the wedding?
Are you inviting your DOM to the wedding?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
DOM"s the best manclashcityrocker wrote:Congratulations.
Are you inviting your DOM to the wedding?
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Wedding special leave
This special leave policy is from POL ( post office limited) - look at the bottom right hand corner) AFAIK the RM one does not allow paid special leave for a wedding although a quick call to HR should let you know for sureTrueBlueTerrier wrote:MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A![]()
Special Leave C Unpaid![]()
Annual Leave![]()
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Wedding special leave
bugger, wish i knew this last year.
may ask for a divorce & re-marry
may ask for a divorce & re-marry
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
Just read the RM and Pf policy on "Other Time Off" (Special Leave) and there's no mention of time off for getting married
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
Why didn't you book the week off as annual leave?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wedding special leave
feduppostie wrote:This special leave policy is from POL ( post office limited) - look at the bottom right hand corner) AFAIK the RM one does not allow paid special leave for a wedding although a quick call to HR should let you know for sureTrueBlueTerrier wrote:MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A![]()
Special Leave C Unpaid![]()
Annual Leave![]()
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
oops
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
I asked for special leave when I got married..got refused because I was getting married at 4.30 in the afternoon and was told I had plenty of time to get ready......I decided to go above him and ask the area manager who gave me permission to have the day off.... 
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Wedding special leave
My copy of this Special Leave Policy gives the same entitlements as Teebs has posted, but it's a Royal Mail document.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:feduppostie wrote:This special leave policy is from POL ( post office limited) - look at the bottom right hand corner) AFAIK the RM one does not allow paid special leave for a wedding although a quick call to HR should let you know for sureTrueBlueTerrier wrote:MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A![]()
Special Leave C Unpaid![]()
Annual Leave![]()
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave![]()
![]()
![]()
oops
Perhaps the same agreement covers both Royal Mail and POL
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Wedding special leave
There is no 'special leave' as such but my screw said to me when I was worried about not getting the time off as AL,that as it's classed as a 'special occasion' that I would be guaranteed the time off...as AL tho.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ballee
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21
Re: Wedding special leave
Getting married on a Wednesday then going on honey moon the following Monday, I have taken A/L for this week it is all the leave I have left. One of the senior posties advised me about the special leave. Maybe I could use this as an escape clause LOL.OnAFlyer wrote:Why didn't you book the week off as annual leave?