ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
hi,,,from tomorrow our dom is to make us deliver d2d a slightly different way.
Im a floater so at the moment some of the walks I cover do 2 loops of d2d a day,,,,,others do a column a day,,,its no big deal to me,,,,i check the sheet and do the next on the list.
from tomorrow the dom wants us to do streets and mark on a sheet what is done.
the lads I cover tomorrow have given me a couple of streets that cover around a 1/5 of the walk so I know that's right in 20% d2d....
is there anything agreed and in writing as to the way d2d are to be worked off,,,on looking at this quickly this morning it seems abit hit and miss....one of the walks I will do has a lot of shops,,,,and these don't get as many d2d as houses,,,,a lad has said he will look after the shops,,,,and im to do houses instead....obviously I`ll be doing more....like I said is there anything in writing as to percentage and alike
thanks
Im a floater so at the moment some of the walks I cover do 2 loops of d2d a day,,,,,others do a column a day,,,its no big deal to me,,,,i check the sheet and do the next on the list.
from tomorrow the dom wants us to do streets and mark on a sheet what is done.
the lads I cover tomorrow have given me a couple of streets that cover around a 1/5 of the walk so I know that's right in 20% d2d....
is there anything agreed and in writing as to the way d2d are to be worked off,,,on looking at this quickly this morning it seems abit hit and miss....one of the walks I will do has a lot of shops,,,,and these don't get as many d2d as houses,,,,a lad has said he will look after the shops,,,,and im to do houses instead....obviously I`ll be doing more....like I said is there anything in writing as to percentage and alike
thanks
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
we have been told that it's columns per day, not roads etc, it's so if an audit etc is done, they will know what has been done and how many d2d should be left.
on another note, the job is becoming more like a Primary school that ever before,
sign for this sign for that, take you breaks at certain times, sit down and watch this, don't forget to wipe your ass twice.
I know it's not coming from the DIM's level but the level above them.

on another note, the job is becoming more like a Primary school that ever before,
sign for this sign for that, take you breaks at certain times, sit down and watch this, don't forget to wipe your ass twice.
I know it's not coming from the DIM's level but the level above them.
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
Its 1/6th a day and if you do them in streets it will add more weight than doing them in columns.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
centenaryman wrote:hi,,,from tomorrow our dom is to make us deliver d2d a slightly different way.
Im a floater so at the moment some of the walks I cover do 2 loops of d2d a day,,,,,others do a column a day,,,its no big deal to me,,,,i check the sheet and do the next on the list.
from tomorrow the dom wants us to do streets and mark on a sheet what is done.
the lads I cover tomorrow have given me a couple of streets that cover around a 1/5 of the walk so I know that's right in 20% d2d....
is there anything agreed and in writing as to the way d2d are to be worked off,,,on looking at this quickly this morning it seems abit hit and miss....one of the walks I will do has a lot of shops,,,,and these don't get as many d2d as houses,,,,a lad has said he will look after the shops,,,,and im to do houses instead....obviously I`ll be doing more....like I said is there anything in writing as to percentage and alike
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Captain Scarlet
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
- Location: Fifer
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done because
you can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
-
knackeredjointsRUS
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 15 Aug 2013, 17:15
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
We all have had a coloured coded diagram laminated showing and explaining what D2D's are expected to be thrown in on a daily basis stuck to our frames
Monday & Tuesday 1.5 columns the rest of the week 1 column per day 
who's more the fool, the fool , or the fool that follows the fool ?
-
knackeredjointsRUS
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 15 Aug 2013, 17:15
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
who's more the fool, the fool , or the fool that follows the fool ?
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
Glenno wrote:centenaryman wrote:hi,,,from tomorrow our dom is to make us deliver d2d a slightly different way.
Im a floater so at the moment some of the walks I cover do 2 loops of d2d a day,,,,,others do a column a day,,,its no big deal to me,,,,i check the sheet and do the next on the list.
from tomorrow the dom wants us to do streets and mark on a sheet what is done.
the lads I cover tomorrow have given me a couple of streets that cover around a 1/5 of the walk so I know that's right in 20% d2d....
is there anything agreed and in writing as to the way d2d are to be worked off,,,on looking at this quickly this morning it seems abit hit and miss....one of the walks I will do has a lot of shops,,,,and these don't get as many d2d as houses,,,,a lad has said he will look after the shops,,,,and im to do houses instead....obviously I`ll be doing more....like I said is there anything in writing as to percentage and alike
thanks![]()
2nd or 3rd page down in bold
Tar got the doc,,,,,yeah I know of the 1/5 or 1/6 was hoping for something concrete rather than there idea of doing streets and roads
thanks
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
I think you will find in the agreement they are thrown in last after all mail, but who bothers with agreements nowadays.knackeredjointsRUS wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
WrongknackeredjointsRUS wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
The frame should be clearly marked into 6ths (approx) so that both the regular OPG and any reserve duty can quickly identify the daily D2D requirement by road(s)
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... al#p280588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Door to Door will be planned on the basis of prepping and delivering 1/6th of the items each day of the week, Monday to Saturday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
smileski
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
knackeredjointsRUS wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
• Items should be placed last into the prep frame after any walk sequenced or manual mails.
Thankfully most of us choose to ignore this little gem!
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
smileski wrote:knackeredjointsRUS wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
• Items should be placed last into the prep frame after any walk sequenced or manual mails.
Thankfully most of us choose to ignore this little gem!
Sorry to ask. But why ignore it?
It's not unreasonable .. It's part of an agreement. And it does not hurt.
So, what is the problem?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
There aren't any hard and fast rules on D2D.
It says they should be put in last .....unless there is dead time (presumably before second wave mail) when D2D could be put in.
Some people put them in on return to DO for the next day - to work all their paid hours.
And anyway it says the postie can do what s/he likes as long as they get done to spec.
It says they should be put in last .....unless there is dead time (presumably before second wave mail) when D2D could be put in.
Some people put them in on return to DO for the next day - to work all their paid hours.
And anyway it says the postie can do what s/he likes as long as they get done to spec.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
smileski
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38
Re: d2d percentage per day,,,,anything in writing
Simply because it's a lot harder (in my opinion)hampshireman wrote:smileski wrote:knackeredjointsRUS wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:Is something afoot with d2d all over cos we are told, prep 1 column per day before any mail is put into frame...........now we are being told they are looking at d2d after prep is done becauseyou can prep twice as much mail into a empty frame than if there is d2d in there aswell
so I say how much time can you save when you still have to prep d2d later and all the feckin mail is in there too..............still takes the same time dim dim...answers on a postcard to Moya.
Seems it's getting more and more like primary school
D2D's are to be thrown in first not mail...
• Items should be placed last into the prep frame after any walk sequenced or manual mails.
Thankfully most of us choose to ignore this little gem!
Sorry to ask. But why ignore it?
It's not unreasonable .. It's part of an agreement. And it does not hurt.
So, what is the problem?
Prepping d2d's into an empty frame is surely easier?
Although doing it the RM way does protect our jobs I guess?
So I don't disagree with you at all but would guess that most of us prep d2d's first?