This is the first time I have purchased annual leave, so just trying to work out it's correct.
I've purchased an extra week and a half, taking me from 4.5 to 6 weeks.
I've got -9.93 deducted. Does this seem right? How is it worked out,, I thought it was 3% but can't seem to make that add up.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
new to POAL deductions
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
Also depends on how many hours your contract is
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
Sounds about right to me.
9.93 x 52(weeks) = 516.36 / 1.5 = £344.24 as your weekly wage.
9.93 x 52(weeks) = 516.36 / 1.5 = £344.24 as your weekly wage.
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
Contact is 39 hrs.
Is it just 3% of basic pay or del supplement as well
Is it just 3% of basic pay or del supplement as well
-
arthur was right
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
Purchased annual leave is exactly the same as............. unpaid leave FACT!!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
What's your basic pay? £344.24 or more?maximus12 wrote:Contact is 39 hrs.
Is it just 3% of basic pay or del supplement as well
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
364.10
I wasn't sure if it's something to do with tax, is the POAL taken off before tax is deducted or after?
I wasn't sure if it's something to do with tax, is the POAL taken off before tax is deducted or after?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
Sounds right to me, I pay £12 for mine but it's the best thing I've ever done.
-
DavidFS
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: new to POAL deductions
You are correct but I suppose the fact that you won't be taking the hit all at once makes it worth it to some.arthur was right wrote:Purchased annual leave is exactly the same as............. unpaid leave FACT!!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: new to POAL deductions
beforemaximus12 wrote:364.10
I wasn't sure if it's something to do with tax, is the POAL taken off before tax is deducted or after?