ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Handing notice in?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Handing notice in?

Post by paul1231 »

currently 2weeks in to security checks and hopefully will pass them soon. was wondering about a situation at my current work place. Im down to have a week off the week after next. Is it legal to just hand my notice in on the Friday before my week of and then just not come back basically as I only have to give a weeks notice? Thanks
joeyuk
Posts: 93
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by joeyuk »

There's nothing against you handing in your notice and taking the weeks holiday. When does your holiday year start at work as your may not be entitled to the holiday and they wont pay you once they work out your final pay.
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by paul1231 »

Holiday year runs 1st January to 31st December and I'm entitled to 21days. So far I've taken 3 days holiday(work 4 days weeks) so might be more then my allotted holiday for that point in year but thing is id of being paid already at the point of handing my notice in as I'm paid weekly and they pay holiday pay that week if your off the following week. They could just ask for it back thought if they wanted to I guess?
joeyuk
Posts: 93
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by joeyuk »

Cant see any problems then. You may not be entitled to the full 4 days but im sure you should get some. They will ask for money back but that's not an issue as long as you pay it back.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by arnold cheshire »

paul1231 wrote:currently 2weeks in to security checks and hopefully will pass them soon. was wondering about a situation at my current work place. Im down to have a week off the week after next. Is it legal to just hand my notice in on the Friday before my week of and then just not come back basically as I only have to give a weeks notice? Thanks
i would not hand in notice till you are sure of a start date for royal mail they can not be trusted
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by arnold cheshire »

paul1231 wrote:currently 2weeks in to security checks and hopefully will pass them soon. was wondering about a situation at my current work place. Im down to have a week off the week after next. Is it legal to just hand my notice in on the Friday before my week of and then just not come back basically as I only have to give a weeks notice? Thanks
did you get the rm job?
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by paul1231 »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
paul1231 wrote:currently 2weeks in to security checks and hopefully will pass them soon. was wondering about a situation at my current work place. Im down to have a week off the week after next. Is it legal to just hand my notice in on the Friday before my week of and then just not come back basically as I only have to give a weeks notice? Thanks
did you get the rm job?
Yes I did thanks! starting week after next. Decided to just hand my notice in the day I heard just to make it easier :thumbup
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Handing notice in?

Post by arnold cheshire »

paul1231 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
paul1231 wrote:currently 2weeks in to security checks and hopefully will pass them soon. was wondering about a situation at my current work place. Im down to have a week off the week after next. Is it legal to just hand my notice in on the Friday before my week of and then just not come back basically as I only have to give a weeks notice? Thanks
did you get the rm job?
Yes I did thanks! starting week after next. Decided to just hand my notice in the day I heard just to make it easier :thumbup
im pleased for you :thumbup