ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
-
knackeredjointsRUS
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 15 Aug 2013, 17:15
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
Please can some anyone shed any light on why people insist on coming into work 30-45 minutes before start time on a daily basis UNPAID ? The same people don't have breaks, throw D2D's the day before in ( in own time ) I just don't get it !!
In our office there is a hardcore of 8-10 blokes who do this religiously, with 'job knock' long gone there is just no reason for it. We have a up and coming major resign and walks that are getting completed on time now just won't be do-able if they were done correctly by people, at the moment because these people are coming in early the planners came in and found no problems with the walks have not been amended ANY !! so what happens when Joe Bloggs signs for a delivery and does not come in early ( unpaid ) thus getting out 30+mins later than the last walk holder ?? ARGUMENTS, BULLYING, ARGUMENTS THEN MORE BULLYING.
In our office there is a hardcore of 8-10 blokes who do this religiously, with 'job knock' long gone there is just no reason for it. We have a up and coming major resign and walks that are getting completed on time now just won't be do-able if they were done correctly by people, at the moment because these people are coming in early the planners came in and found no problems with the walks have not been amended ANY !! so what happens when Joe Bloggs signs for a delivery and does not come in early ( unpaid ) thus getting out 30+mins later than the last walk holder ?? ARGUMENTS, BULLYING, ARGUMENTS THEN MORE BULLYING.
who's more the fool, the fool , or the fool that follows the fool ?
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
I can't really shed any light on why anybody would want to work for nothing very strange indeed don't they have a homelife?
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
Selfish sad ppl who lack any brain cells 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
the office rep should be flagging these duties up before the revision is implemented and making it crystal clear to manager what time these guys are getting out the door and how long the outdoor element is taking, simply just get him to highlight the fact they are taking on average half an hour extra outdoor time on these duties with the sign in/out sheet, that way there is no need to have a confrontation with the ones coming in early, the rep is just simply ensuring that the correct outdoor element is taken into account for those duties
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
tell me about it!! it seems to be the norm.the more they want to do in there own time,the less I want to do in my work time.some just cant help themselves and wonder why things are not addressed,as its not a true reflection on how rounds and sorting are done in time.etc.they will be first to complain when the next round of cuts and savings are wanted in the office and expected to do more,dont look at me, I say,am happy to start and finnish on time,it takes as long as it takes,leave me out of the race to get done.this argument will continue to run and run no doubt,very sad.
-
arthur was right
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
Been in a few different delivery offices during my time with RM and its the same everywhere ive been.
These eejits have fuc...d the job completely. If the management and unions [cos they are basically the same thing these days]
had an ounce of decency they would put a stop to anybody starting before their time. SURELY THESE MUGS AREN,T INSURED BEFORE THEIR
PROPER START TIME ARE THEY!! Just yesterday I heard a couple of em saying " I was in at 6.20 and I haven't had a break " This was at 2.20pm
EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK IS ILLEGAL... COME ON CWU!!! SURELY TO GOD SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!! SHAMEFUL IT REALLY IS!!!!
These eejits have fuc...d the job completely. If the management and unions [cos they are basically the same thing these days]
had an ounce of decency they would put a stop to anybody starting before their time. SURELY THESE MUGS AREN,T INSURED BEFORE THEIR
PROPER START TIME ARE THEY!! Just yesterday I heard a couple of em saying " I was in at 6.20 and I haven't had a break " This was at 2.20pm
EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK IS ILLEGAL... COME ON CWU!!! SURELY TO GOD SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!! SHAMEFUL IT REALLY IS!!!!
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
unfortunately they are insured and unfortunately working 8 hours straight without a break is not illegal as RM has gien them a break they have just chose not to take itarthur was right wrote:Been in a few different delivery offices during my time with RM and its the same everywhere ive been.
These eejits have fuc...d the job completely. If the management and unions [cos they are basically the same thing these days]
had an ounce of decency they would put a stop to anybody starting before their time. SURELY THESE MUGS AREN,T INSURED BEFORE THEIR
PROPER START TIME ARE THEY!! Just yesterday I heard a couple of em saying " I was in at 6.20 and I haven't had a break " This was at 2.20pm
EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK IS ILLEGAL... COME ON CWU!!! SURELY TO GOD SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!! SHAMEFUL IT REALLY IS!!!!
-
pyphon
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East England
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
maybe to have a fifa skieve?
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
In our office now, we are starting to get more lapsing on more days, and im sure these dicks will come in even earlier

I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
Many reasons
1.they are afraid for their job
2.they can't cope with the workload so compensate by coming in early
3.they are being bullied into it by managers/colleagues
4.they haven't read a certain book about folk with ragged trousers and don't understand where their work ethic leads
5.lastly they might just be as mad as toast.

1.they are afraid for their job
2.they can't cope with the workload so compensate by coming in early
3.they are being bullied into it by managers/colleagues
4.they haven't read a certain book about folk with ragged trousers and don't understand where their work ethic leads
5.lastly they might just be as mad as toast.
I won
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
Mad as hatters , makes people who start on time , take breaks & do job properly look slow :( oh well it's really funny in our office when they come in early and manager comes around at the start time & moves them to another round sometime coz of sickness etc - they don't learn though next day in they trot sometimes 1 hour early :( knobs 
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
That's what happens,then the next stage is they are at the gates at 0430 waiting for them to open,then they sign in at 0530 or very near their proper start time so they don't look so stupid.ashadd wrote:In our office now, we are starting to get more lapsing on more days, and im sure these dicks will come in even earlier![]()
![]()
![]()
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
I do ... and give at least 40 minutes .. just to make my life easy .... whats 40 minutes to me ? if I feel at ease and comfertable .... then I do not mind at all. Royal Mail is not bad employer and I am proud to work for RM.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
40 mins x5human1 wrote:I do ... and give at least 40 minutes .. just to make my life easy .... whats 40 minutes to me ? if I feel at ease and comfertable .... then I do not mind at all. Royal Mail is not bad employer and I am proud to work for RM.
X52=.......that's approximately what 40 mins is dude
I won
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE WORKING FOR NOTHING ?
And make all the people who come in on time and do the job right look bad,grow a pair and stop being selfish one day you might need the help of some of those people to keep your job.human1 wrote:I do ... and give at least 40 minutes .. just to make my life easy .... whats 40 minutes to me ? if I feel at ease and comfertable .... then I do not mind at all. Royal Mail is not bad employer and I am proud to work for RM.
For we were soldiers once,and young