ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Finding money
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Finding money
How much money have people found whilst doing their rounds?
I rekon ive found £40 over the past 18 months, all in notes, on pavements and such.
Ive found a few notes in peoples driveways but always hand them to the owners, only keep the ones that are on public ways, planning to give it to charity
I rekon ive found £40 over the past 18 months, all in notes, on pavements and such.
Ive found a few notes in peoples driveways but always hand them to the owners, only keep the ones that are on public ways, planning to give it to charity
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Finding money
Not much really. The odd 20p here and there. Occasional £1. Have you noticed that kids today don't even bother to pick up 5p's.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Finding money
If it's quite regular then maybe planted by the IB trying to catch you out.sophie97 wrote:How much money have people found whilst doing their rounds?
I rekon ive found £40 over the past 18 months, all in notes, on pavements and such.
Ive found a few notes in peoples driveways but always hand them to the owners, only keep the ones that are on public ways, planning to give it to charity
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3280
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Finding money
£50 note few years back outside a narcotics dependent persons house wonder how they manage to get notes of that size
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Finding money
Found £40 in a post box whilst emptying it last week must of been posted with the mail two crisp 20s mmmm

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Finding money
Found a quid coin the other day, kept it as it was on public footpath, a yard from someone's house, did the shoelace trick.
-
boristhespider82
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 16 Jan 2014, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Finding money
60 30 40 all in one year..... 16 years in job and that was all in same year lol
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Finding money
I know of someone that found over £2,000 in rolled up notes a few years ago in a similar situation. I can't say much other than he had a nice holiday that year.hans solo wrote:£50 note few years back outside a narcotics dependent persons house wonder how they manage to get notes of that size
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Finding money
lets just hope it wasnt a set up ;)maisymoo04 wrote:Found £40 in a post box whilst emptying it last week must of been posted with the mail two crisp 20s mmmm :whistle :whistle :whistle
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Finding money
I am not passing judgement either way but everyone must be aware that failing to hand in money found on the street is a crime.
Its called theft by finding.
Theft by finding http://uk.practicallaw.com/books/978184 ... /chapter14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theft by finding may be considered as a type of theft by appropriation. A person does not steal goods merely by finding them, even if he retains the goods for some time after the discovery. Such a person may, for a reasonable time, be presumed to possess the goods with the intention of returning them to their true owner. Once that reasonable time has elapsed, however, it may be presumed that the finder has appropriated the goods to his own use, and at that point, theft has occurred.
Its called theft by finding.
Theft by finding http://uk.practicallaw.com/books/978184 ... /chapter14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theft by finding may be considered as a type of theft by appropriation. A person does not steal goods merely by finding them, even if he retains the goods for some time after the discovery. Such a person may, for a reasonable time, be presumed to possess the goods with the intention of returning them to their true owner. Once that reasonable time has elapsed, however, it may be presumed that the finder has appropriated the goods to his own use, and at that point, theft has occurred.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Finding money
If I handed the quid I found to lino what would they do with it?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am not passing judgement either way but everyone must be aware that failing to hand in money found on the street is a crime.
Its called theft by finding.
Theft by finding http://uk.practicallaw.com/books/978184 ... /chapter14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theft by finding may be considered as a type of theft by appropriation. A person does not steal goods merely by finding them, even if he retains the goods for some time after the discovery. Such a person may, for a reasonable time, be presumed to possess the goods with the intention of returning them to their true owner. Once that reasonable time has elapsed, however, it may be presumed that the finder has appropriated the goods to his own use, and at that point, theft has occurred.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Finding money
Ive found quite a lot of coins so far this year. I found 21p today. Next year I might put it all in a jar then count up at the end of the year see how much Ive got lol!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Finding money
Over the years I've found as much as £200...Saturday mornings were the best after all the pisscans had been on the ale the previous night
-
standanddeliver
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Barnoldswick
Re: Finding money
I found an eighteen pound note once. I took it to the bank to change it and they asked me if I wanted 3 sixes or 2 nines....! 
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)