ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Job interview.... When will I know

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

I went for a job interview for postwoman with driving on Tuesday .... I'm a bit worried as I expected the interview to last 60 mins .... But I was in and out in twenty mins :0/ I answered all the questions with out hesitation etc .... But the interview brought up the distance I would have to travel 3 times :0(

So I'm just wondering what are your thoughts ... And When will I know, my status online still says interview booked .... Even tho I have attended it :0/
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by bustedflush »

Crikey, interview-to-employment with RM is usually 2-3 months. They have to do CRB checks etc. first. You'll have probably forgotten the interview and be in another job when you get a phone call out of the blue requesting you to attend an induction day in a week or two's time. Some people get in quicker though, depends on how desperate the local DO's are and when induction days can be arranged.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Thank you, yeah I've heard some people have waited months :(
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jpro747 »

From my experience when i started over 1 year ago, it took them about 2-3 weeks for them to go through all the security checks and get back to me by phone to tell me i was succesful. Then they announce your starting date will be 4 weeks later. :shock: Good luck!
P.S. MODS: Isnt it about time the christmas smilies went back to nomal :Very Happy :no no
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Well I think the interview went ok so I got my fingers and toes crossed lol :) so will all the people the interviewed get security checked ?
x
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by bustedflush »

Jessllew wrote:Well I think the interview went ok so I got my fingers and toes crossed lol :) so will all the people the interviewed get security checked ? x

Yes, and very thoroughly.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Oh I thought perhaps they choose the person they want to employ from the interviews and just that person gets security checked. My status on my application still says interview booked :( even tho my interview has been and gone
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jessllew wrote:Oh I thought perhaps they choose the person they want to employ from the interviews and just that person gets security checked. My status on my application still says interview booked :( even tho my interview has been and gone

No they tend to get more checked than they need just in case the best candidate has a chequered legal history, or the chosen one declines because they have another job, and they even get some checked so that if other vacancies arise they can fast track from the pool of those already checked.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Oh right :) that's good then .... What do they actually check for then ? I'm sure mine will be fine if they are doing a security check on me .... :) I've not long come out the army:) so I got no records or anything
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jessllew wrote:Oh right :) that's good then .... What do they actually check for then ? I'm sure mine will be fine if they are doing a security check on me .... :) I've not long come out the army:) so I got no records or anything

AGC perhaps :left: :left: sorry ex-penguin here.

You should be okay then, lots of ex-service in this job. They are looking for any crimes etc, any minor disciplinary offences when you were in the mob are safe unless you spent time in Collie. I think they also check for bankruptcy as well but that shouldn't affect you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

So nothing to worry about then :)
I was in the logistics :) once finding out I'm ex army they skipped the questions such as how do u feel about working in all weather conditions, and how do I keep git etc lol.

Nope I spent no time in colly :0) I'm a good girl haha. I keep checking my online status but still no change from interview booked :0(
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nope probably nothing to worry about,

RLC ? - we have a few ex RLC on here you'll feel right at home.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Yup RLC :0) nothing worse than waiting is it .... But as they say no news is good news .... I hope :0)
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Do you know why my status still says interview booked ? Even tho I attended it 3 days ago ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jessllew wrote:Do you know why my status still says interview booked ? Even tho I attended it 3 days ago ?


Its typical of Royal Mail that they are slow to update anything. Don't be concerned about it. Royal Mail is a living example of the Yank term SNAFU.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.